Sunday, June 22, 2014

General June Fun-ness and a Blog Binge (It's About Time!)

 Today was a great day. Have I mentioned that my brother Alex is getting married? Woohoo! Yep, he and Deidre and tying the knot next March. We are all really excited for both of them and this next step. And I am super excited and honored to be in the wedding. So, today. I got to spend today with Deidre, her sister Vanessa, her two friends Brady and Lauren, her mom Alexa and my mom - to help Deidre pick out a wedding dress! So fun! Here are the girls (sans moms) at brunch before the bridal boutique appointments.
 Definitely more festivities of the Alex+Deidre variety to come! 

A couple of funnies:
Kyle thought the dress shopping was for all of us. Like we're all just going dress shopping together. When I explained further he asked if there would be mimosas and quiche. Touche. Just to make a point we had mimosas and fritatas.  

Rebecca ran after me as I was getting into Bee's car to leave to tell us to tell Deidre to get 1) a white dress, 2) a headdress, 3) a flower headband. 
This girl already knows her wedding stuff!

Okay, so after a fun day with the girls I came home to a QUIET house. Kyle was working. The kids were at my dad's (so I could do the entire dress day extravaganza). QUIET. So I watched Pitch Perfect because apparently it was too quiet. And I blogged. A lot. Like there are 87 new posts below. Okay, not quite but there really are 10 new posts below this one going all the way back to Easter. If you scroll down you'll be going backwards in history - sorry about that!

So at this point I'm up WAY past my bedtime. And these were the few random June things left but I'm out of words...so here you go.

Rebecca spending her saved up allowance - new wings, wand and an art kit.
Owen spending his money - a robot crab kit, an outdoor sling-shot target game.
Mom took the big kids to ride bikes when I was in the intense first few days of potty training Maggie. Whew!
Franny also took them swimming a couple of times. What would I do without these ladies? My mom then took them to the new children's museum.
I can't remember why but one morning (maybe right after the girls got out of school but Owen was still in school) my mom took the girls to see the peacocks at Mayfield Park.
It's definitely summer here in terms of heat...but I've still been enjoying one of my happy places - running at Town Lake. I love the people watching as I go and it looks so neat to see the lake all filled up with boats and stand-up-paddlers.
We love summer!

1 comment:

Lynne in NC said...

Been checking every day for about two weeks knowing there would be an update. I'm rewarded!
These are the best of times and we've so enjoyed 'visiting' with you all. Thanks for posting.
Your sweet family just gets lovelier.
Hugs all around xoxoxoxoxo