Saturday, June 21, 2014

Easter

I'll be honest - Easter was so long ago I can hardly remember it...It's a good thing I have some pictures. :)

This was our neighborhood egg hunt (on Saturday) at the elementary school just down the road - it was the first time (to our knowledge) we've had something like this in the 'hood and it was great to get out and see so many neighbors - many of whom we had met at First Friday. 

Owen and Rebecca showing off their baskets (buckets) o' eggs.
Maggie was too fast for me!
Our thing that made this Easter really special was that the campus of our church moved locations and met for the first time in the new spot - which happens to be in my old high school. It was also the first morning in almost 2 years that I hadn't played some sort of a role in our nursery - I left it in very capable hands - but it was so nice just to go and drop the kids off with their friends and teachers - and go sit with Kyle. ;) We had a great morning of worship. We had a quick lunch w/ Bee after church, rested and then headed to Nana's for the big family egg hunt, featuring real-deal hard-boiled eggs that she and the kids made together a few days before. The before:
The after: (Actually I think these are the plastic ones, but you get the idea.)
Maggie having a little snuggle time with Baby Beau aka "Just Baby."
Owen and Bailey (she was so fast this is the only pic I got.)

Rebecca in a tree.
Rebecca out of a tree.
Maggie keeping up with the big kids.
Blake stopped at nothing...
Blair taste-testing the hard-boiled ones. Not so much likey.
 This is what it really felt like - 6 kids, 6 different directions.
Grandpa Robert was able to join us too!
Happy super-belated Easter! April or June...HE IS (still) RISEN!

No comments: