Saturday, June 8, 2013

Tow Tow

 I thought Maggie's birthday party would be our first party in the new house. It actually wasn't - two nights before we had the privilege of hosting a little adults-only (I know!) soiree as a send-off to some new and wonderful friends moving abroad. It was just the fire under our hinies to get a few details in the house done (a rug, a couple of things hung, broken wine glasses replaced) - pics of the house to come at some point. 

Anyways, our first party was very fun - and makes us realize how great it is to make time for adult-only mingling and conversation!!! And the second party - Maggie's birthday - was real life - in all our multi-kid glory - and was a total blast in another way. 

So, glad we got to celebrate this wonderful little girl. Goes without saying - I can't believe she's two. I keep realizing over and over again that I don't have a baby anymore! So, strange! 

Okay, backing up a little bit to explain the theme. Cause you know how I like me some themed birthdays. I was at my moms a few weeks ago and I confessed to her that I had NO ideas for Maggie's party. Zero, I was (thanks to the house) creatively drained. I said - I can't even think of anything she likes!!! Mom calmly replied - she likes balls. BALLS! Yes, Maggie does like balls. She loves them in fact! So, a balls party it would be!

"maggie is two, so let's have a ball"
(a candid shot from back at Easter)
The decor - ball garlands, lanterns...
 and lots of BALLS!
The front door sign that in no way prevented people from coning in the front door. :)
So I remember - I made Shelley's meat BALLS, caprece BALL salad, grapes, cherries...
THE BIRTHDAY GIRL!
If anyone questions where I get my over-eager-themeyness....Look no further than my MOTHER'S SHIRT. BALLS.
Just chillaxin and enjoying her party!
CHEESE!
Just checking herself out in the big mirror.
The cake. Gracias a pinterest - again. 
But I wasn't sure what the little ball candies in the original/source photo were, so I used Trix. Whatever those candies were I think this has to be an improvement. Who doesn't love Trix???
This two-year-old is quite pleased with her cereal-covered-confection.


SURRISE! MORE BALLS!


Birthday girl and a row of SWEATY boys.
The festivities.
Trampoline.
Plus a dad
Pop-up soccer goal = tent
 Buddies.
 Sweet friends from way-back
 New friends from up the street
Gave a quick tour at one point and couldn't resist snapping the view from the girls' window


And through the big door
Did I mention it was really hot? We hadn't quite counted on the heat. (And we figured out the following day that our porch fans were spinning clockwise driving air up instead of down so that wasn't helping). So.....where there is a bucket of ice (for drinks), there are children playing in the bucket of ice!
Sweaty brother
Heat doesn't seem to be affecting R's fun.
 Or her smile.
And no crying from this one - Its' my birthday!!!

Once things died down and friends left for their air conditioned homes, we went inside (where the grandparents had been hiding out for a while...as if we wouldn't notice!) for some gifties.
Now Maggie can REALLY join the big kids on their riding adventures on our long driveway.
Our bounce around the living room.
Hey!
My dad snapped this of me during clean-up. I'm holding my spatula with such goofy pride. I need therapy, ya'll.
When you ask Maggie how old she is she (sometimes) says "tow tow" - and she holds up 2 fingers - but using 2 hands. Love it.

No comments: