Saturday, June 8, 2013

Splash Pad Mondays

I have always erred on the side of being pretty unscheduled during the summer - maybe out of wanting to be the exact opposite from how I am during the rest of the year, maybe out of laziness, probably both. Anyways, in a couple of weeks the kids are going to start going to the sweet mother's day out program at Franny's church two days a week. And I'm actually thinking of instituting a little schedule on the other 3 weekdays - maybe day 1 at the splash pad in our neighborhood (much less stressful than a pool when I'm on my own w/ the 3), day 2 at the library, and the 3rd where we plan something with friends. 

So, this was "Splash Pad Monday"...

And this is the way summer feels to me - WHITE HOT. It's also the way a picture looks when you don't adjust the camera settings to account for having been inside and now being outside (where it is super bright)! 
Thank goodness I noticed and adjusted everything just in time to catch Maggie drinking from the splash pad. After I heard (with my peripheral hearing - if that's such a thing) some other moms instruct their kids not to drink the water, I told Maggie with great confidence the same thing. Mom peer pressure at its finest.
 Owen living it up.


Rebecca checking her piggies.
Did I mention we were at the splash pad thanks to a call from a mom-friend? I was soooooo excited to tell Rebecca we were going to get to see her buddy Caleb (or, Calip, as she calls him). Her response - FINALLY!
These two didn't skip a beat.
Fun friends.

No comments: