Tuesday, January 6, 2015

November Hodgepodge

When I don't post for several months the updates get shorter because I don't remember the details - lucky you! So, here is a random hodge-podge from way back in November!

I got new reading glasses. Owen spiked his hair up (with his sweat, of course) and put them on and made his "professor face" - I think he nailed it.
I kind of pretty strongly dislike the whole Selfie Culture we live in, but at the same time thought this one I found on my phone of Rebecca was pretty great.
I have no idea what is going on here. She looks pretty comfortable.
Sweet Elizabeth from my LDP cohort (read: Bible Study) decided to come hang out at one of our First Friday Happy Hours - she knew Kyle was gone and I could probably use an extra set of hands. Geanine was great to stick around that night too! So, I had two friends and helpers. And only ONE neighbor (and her 3 precious kiddos) came. Ya'll - that is the lowest number we have EVER had except one freezing day last winter when we stood on our porch drinking hot cider and a neighbor came over because we looked so pitiful (and crazy - why did we not just cancel?). We usually have 20-30 people - Murrays - back me up here. At least these two had fun on the see-saw and can confirm that it is a harder workout than you would think!
Owen faux-rock climbing at a park near Dahdo/Pam's house - complete with the CamelBak he discovered (and thinks is the coolest thing ever).
This was actually right before Halloween - Rebecca had me take her to JoAnne Fabric so she could spend some of her own money on fabric and notions so she could make Rosalon a Hallowen costume. She picked out this black stretchy fabric and some purple trim plus the black/orange spider web fabric. She said she made her a Halloween ninja. Ya'll - she did this ALL by herself. She cut the fabric, even arm-holes and wrapped her up. No sewing was actually done but I bet it won't be long before she's begging me to teach her. And I'll be begging my mom to teach both of us. :)
Ha! Geanine being my family-stand-in to see if the upstairs light would work for our Christmas card photo. Nailed it.
An overcast Saturday morning at the neighborhood school playground. Pretending to be the goalie.
Against these two.
Maggie "playing frisby" with Nana. Not so much.
On a whim Rebecca starting talking about how Rosie's birthday was coming up. Rosie is a recently named panda bear that has become a key friend amongst Rebecca's stuffed people - she is one of three identical pandas that Bee brought back from china, so at least she's legit. 

After a few days I realized I wasn't going to be able to make this obsession with Rosie's birthday and her plans for a party go away...so we made it happen. A text invite went out to some neighborhood mommas and when I surprisingly got a bunch of Yes replies I gave Rebecca the go-ahead to put her party plans in action. 

She set the table w/ animal print paper plates (that Pam gave her and she had been hiding somewhere) and a table runner. Put out juice boxes, asked me to make brownies, and brought down all of her other friends to sit on the table as both decorations and participants. 
Kids enjoying their birthday treats after we sang to Rosie.
She doesn't look it but she was quite the Happy Hostess.
The game: Pin the Bamboo on the Panda (I drew it but she came up with it)
So thankful for these friends! And for R's creative spontaneity (something that is not easy for me - but good for me - and so fun for US.)
Another I-dont-quite-understand-but-okay Rebecca plan - something to do with playing UNO and then voting (you can pick any number) and putting it on the list and then you win a prize from Rebecca...
I picked a million (written later) and then others picked higher numbers but she told them they couldn't pick higher than a million, but could pick any number. So, I am pretty sure I'm going to "win" - whatever that means.
This is Maggie. Hair all crazy. Baby close by. With my iPhone. She doesn't even try to be sneaky anymore.
Happy January November 2014 to you!

No comments: