Tuesday, January 6, 2015

First Grade Fall Parties

I don't get to help with things at Owen's school as much as I would like - or as much as I think I will be able to once all three kiddos are at the same place - but I got to help with two really fun parties this fall. First, the Thanksgiving Feast - each first grade class (the Pilgrims) is paired with a kindergarten class (the American Indians) for a full Thanksgiving meal. I missed it when he was an Indian so was pumped I got to participate this year. 

Food fit for any family Thanksgiving gathering.
Pilgrim moms getting the table set and food plated.
Here they come!
Owie!
Our classes got to eat in the building at the nature center (barn-ish) which felt so much more authentic than the classes that ate in various places on regular school grounds. Minus all the iPhones and cameras and crockpots it felt like the real deal.
Did I mention that the parent volunteers had to be in full costume too? (I'm determined to go to Rebecca's next year when she is an Indian so am on the hunt for my costume...)
View from the head of the table.
Mrs. Boyd's first graders and Mrs. Nagel's kindergarteners
Just our little Pilgrims (don't you love the pink tennies?)
CRAZY Pilgrims!
Just the boys
Just the girls

About a month later I got to help with the Christmas party - so much fun. The kids in the Grammar School all wear Christmas shirts/sweaters and socks (no shoes in the building all day). They love it. 
I volunteered to bring the awesome and totally necessary paper products this year so can't take credit for any of the pinterest-worthy food or games. We have an awesome Homeroom Mom who knocked it out of the park. 

Snowmen cupcakes
Grinch Santas
A few minute-to-win-it type games and then on to the best part - the Right/Left book exchange (to 'Twas the Night Before Christmas).
All their socks
What a fun morning. 

*I have to admit although I love Christmas more than Thanksgiving (in real life), in school life I LOVED Thanksgiving all dressed up...perhaps us Mezgers and extended family will start celebrating this way every year...


No comments: