Not only do Kyle and I have the best family and friends right here in the ATX but we also have the best friends who aren't lucky enough to live here...but come here often. Right before Thanksgiving my dear NC-based friend Cary decided to surprise our mutual ATX friend Katie with a little visit for Katie's birthday. I got to the the Keeper of the Surprise and it was so fun! I have a hard time not spoiling surprises and I managed to play it cool until Katie and I were on our way to the airport to pick her up so I give myself a pat on the back. The look on Katie's face when I told her we weren't going to lunch (for her birthday) but to pick Cary up from the airport - priceless. I believe she told me to Shut Up.
Cary has two little - Joel is a month older than Maggie (remember this visit?) and a one-ish year old Miles who came with her. We were too busy having fun and not sleeping to take many photos...but here are a few I snapped right after they landed - Maggie HAD to hold Miles.
We did take one little outing to go try and take some fun photos at the Bob Bullock TX History Museum. To be honest, it was a little underwhelming.
But time with these two is never wasted.
The highlight of the weekend for me was playing "Fishbowl*" with Cary and the Fosheas. We ate all the kids' leftover Halloween candy, stayed up waaaaay too late, and laughed so hard we literally cried. *I have long been supportive of Kyle's desire to play "strategy" games - and I still won't say I dislike them, but I think I have officially admitted something Katie has been saying all along - they may be "fun" but they're not "actually fun." :)
I don't know many people of the caliber of Mrs. Brege - she is a gem of a friend, and I sincerely pray we have many more years of visits from her. Katie is pretty great too. ;)




No comments:
Post a Comment