Thursday, March 6, 2014

Ole Ole Ole Ole

Last spring Owen played soccer on a YMCA team with Emmy and Bailey and really enjoyed it. We took the fall off to give ourselves plenty of margin to adjust to Kindergarten, but we were ready to get back to it! This year he's in a league that groups teams by grade and school (given enough players) so Owen is on a team with 8 other boys from Regents which is fun. It's still the kind of league that combines "practice" and the "games" all in one hour (about) on Saturday morning or afternoon, providing a good fun to sanity ratio.

Here they are lined up for a drill. (Even though I told Owen they were giving him a uniform he wore his old Y jersey just in case. He was super excited when he go to change into his team shorts, t-shirt and socks. Also a little bashful about where to change - I think we've entered that now.)
 With one of the coaches.
 There they go!!!
 The games are typically 4 on 4 which is nice because it means there is theoretically more running and passing and less herd-of-kids-kicking-each-other-at-the-ball.
 Game strategy or life skills discussion? Probably both.
 Trying for a little defense.
 Father-Son Fist Pump. Boom!
 I missed whether or not our team actually has a name, but if they're in need of a mascot I think I can suggest one - Rebecca, Princess Knight of the Round Table. (Crown, pj's, breastplate, shield, sword, sarong/cape, hello kitty rain boots.)
It's sure to be a fun season. Will keep you posted. :)

No comments: