Thursday, March 6, 2014

Earth

As part of Owen's unit on the solar system, the kids were each assigned a planet to "be" in their living solar system activity (I think they rotated around each other in order). Owen was "Earth" and according to him was the only kid to get the planet he/she wanted (I'm laughing at such strong preferences)!

The only parameters for the costume was that it 1) should be easy to pull on over their regular uniform so a dad-sized t-shirt as a base was the recommendation, and 2) be made mostly by the child
I think it's pretty clear we followed the rules.
 Owen freehand drew continents and the waves (front, back, even the sleeves got some love). I helped him print out people, flora and fauna outlines which he colored and glued on.
 He had to memorize 3 facts of his choosing to tell the class about Earth - I can't remember two of them, but I know one was that its the only planet that has an atmosphere suitable for life (air) hence the significance of the snorkel.

No comments: