So, my eldest daughter is an extrovert. Perhaps no one is surprised. I guess I'm not really - but both Kyle and I keep finding ourselves ah-mazed at just how much she seems to be one these days!
At Laity Lodge she would walk up to every person between us and our destination and say without prompting:
Hi, I Rebecca. I two. What you name?
Hi, I Rebecca. I two. What you name?
Tonight we met Bee and JoJo at the 'teria for dinner because Kyle is on call and he is the only reason I "cook" "meals"...they were running late so we were waiting out front and Rebecca started a conversation with no fewer than 12 senior citizens...
Hi, I Rebecca. I two. What you name? This is Maggie. This is Momma. This is my Mermaid. Bee give her to me. What you name? I have birthday comin' up.
Lather, rinse, repeat.
She is also quite perticular about "my things" (her things)...She can occupy herself for a surprisingly long time packing suitcases with toys, clothes, pantry items, office supplies and other things she's not suppose to get in to. She will get out every toy bag, purse and basket she has and fill all them them with "my things". This basically means that whatever room she's on is going to get emptied on to the floor while she packs. Beware. Piles piles piles. And even after she's packed she likes to pile up the piles so don't mess with her piles. (I bet sometimes that's how I look to outsiders.)
The good news is she also likes to "clean". (Not clean as in pick up the piles and piles of toys/clothes/kitchen items she just emptied onto the floor and mixed up in various containers - but don't worry, she has to anyways.) The cleaning she prefers to do is basically wiping things down. The girl would use an entire box of baby wipes on the piano if I don't keep an eye on her. Unfortunately, now that we put the ixnay on the wipes, she started improvising. with. spit.
Packing, cleaning and dressing up. Definitely a little girl. Her favorite self-created outfits include are:
1) pink "party" dress she wears for at least a few minutes every day + big socks of Owen's + Owen's old brown merrill's + lots of dress up jewelry
2) undies + (no shirt) + Owen's socks on her hands and feet + multiple purses packed with all sorts of "my things" + a (clean) pullup on her head - maybe 2
3) a dress + a skirt on top of the dress + all of my workout headbands around her forehead hipster style + purple toms (purposefully) on the wrong feet
Here she is sporting Pam's squishy flip-flop heels. I have "tall shoes"! Oh boy. (Notice the bag packed full of Pam's toiletries and a watering can filled with stuff from their pantry.)

Other funny/sweet things:
She is quite the encourager. The other day we were on a walk and Owen was riding his bike and she kept yelling "good job man!" "you doin' it!" and "Owen!!! too far!!!". And when Maggie pulls herself up she says "good job Maggie - 'dat my talking 'bout!!!" I love that one.
I like this picture. Corndog in hand. Staring down the veggies. Willing them to turn in to ice cream.
That's my girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment