Monday, October 10, 2016

Rebecca = 7

Late August, right before her birthday, Kyle took Rebecca on a special daddy/daughter date to see Mary Poppins at the Zach Theatre. She got all dressed up (e.g. she's wearing her only "special dress" - recognize it from the Daddy/Daughter Dance and Easter?). They had lunch at her favorite spot Galaxy Cafe (because of the mac n' cheese) and then headed to the matinee. Even Kyle said the show was super well done and entertaining.
And before we knew it this crazy girl was turnign 7.
Thankful she didn't really want a big friend-party this year but instead opted for a sleepover with Cousin Bailey and (almost)Cousin Emmy. Was a little worried about the dynamic of these three strong-willed leader girls, but they did GREAT. 

Her requests for the evening were clear: mystery bake the birthday cake with them, sleep in a tent in the living room like Owen did a few years ago. Done and done.

Here are the girls doing their mystery baking (no recipe - just general baking ingredients and some eye-balls and best guesses...)
Happy with their batter (those are TONS of marshmallows).
An art kit from Emmy and the sweetest card ever. It says: What a great day we get to sellebrat. The birth of a very artistic girl. With a few scarves she can make a brilliant fort. She has an amazing imagination. She can do aneething she puts her minde to. And her name is Rebecca! I hope you have a wonderful Birthday. Love Emmy.
Aunt Mel provided the adorable matching jammies - love that she always thinks of things like that.
Bee came through with the most-requested birthday gift: the easy-bake oven. We made a batch of the tiniest chocolate chip cookies ever.
Some sort of show where Bailey was - you guessed it - a dragon.
Their iced and decorated cake.
Happy birthday girl
And THE BEST post-birthday pic ever...SLEEPOVER FACE. (And hair.)
Her actual birthday fell on the day before school and we had to get up relatively early to make it to a meet-the-teacher/class thing.
She shares her birthday with this little cutie from her class. We brought cupcakes to a class playdate at a bounce house after the meet-the-teacher and you would have thought she had a 2nd party - so fun!
Gifties with the grands
Kyle and I gave her the AMAZING COPPER POT. Perhaps you've seen the infomercial? Rebecca saw it when we were in Colorado and hasn't stopped talking about it since the summer. (And if I do say so, it is quite amazing.)
And Owen's favorite part of Rebecca's birthday - she is now old enough to go play BLAZER TAG. Maggie was with I-don't-remember-whom so Kate and I took Owen and Rebecca to play. Kate and Owen teamed up (so not fair) and Rebecca and I held our own sort of but not really. Also, I took too long picking my name so Owen told the attendant I would be Booger Baby. Thanks son.

No comments: