Monday, October 10, 2016

Random September

Truly random form September - which was a fun month!
I helped out with some friends at Jamie Ivey Happy Hour event and low and behold I finally ran into this sweet friend from Camp Buckner days. Between our driving through Lubbock to get to the mountains and her being at IF or 31 things in Austin it was bound to happen at some point. We are the best of facebook friends who finally got to actually be face to face - what at treat! Looking forward to seeing Shea and her whole crew at the Buckner reunion in January. Oooooweeeeeeee!
Something I never thought would become a somewhat reular rhythm in my life: yoga. But Jen Carter has me (and some other Austin Stone gals) hooked on her hot vinyasa yoga - thank goodness it's only once/week!
As if the Fall Family Social wasn't enough we got to go to a 2nd football game of the season to watch this little girl do her part for Regents Lil' Cheer. Go Knights!
Fun birthday lunch with some church friends. Mondays are weird so Christal, Katie and Mel couldn't be there but we still had a great time!
Remember last year when Rebecca missed the Kindergarten/1st grade Thanksgiving Day Feast and didn't get to wear her homemade Indian costume? Well - redemption! She got to wear it for first grade Indian Day in the garden. She was SO excited.
Her teacher sent me this one. She loves garden days.
Cousin sleepover and Aunt Mel wanted all the girls (plus her baby Beau) so she had 5 kids and I had 2 easy boys. I seriously got the better end of that deal. Here they are shirtless (which was the theme), having some ice cream after running around in the backyard (yes, shirtless) and screaming. For no reason.
As for my other girls. Maggie and Kate taking a "little snooze"...
Talking about all the important things either pre or post nap.
Maggie napping in Kate's room when she was gone one day.
Kids and I had a potentially disastrous but miraculously successful trip to campus to get their passports all squared away. We celebrated with ice cream at Moojo - I'm determined to go back there under less stressful circumstances.
 I mean: ice cream + cookies + swings as chairs! How cool is this place?
 The most beautiful Saturday night ever. Kids were at a Dahdo/Pam sleepover, Kyle was working (I love him to pieces but sometimes a gal needs an evening), the weather was PERFECT enough for big slidey to be open, and I could basically hear ACL for September. Okay, actually October. :)

No comments: