Kyle's birthday was in May and we had a simple celebration - "shfancy" tacos at a new place w/ Nana and the best Italian cream cake in Austin (thanks Upper Crust).

Kids being silly (I think Rebecca was showing us how cold she was).
Kyle is now in his (ahem) 40th year...
I'm already dreaming about the shin dig I want to have for his 40th...I'm sure he'd probably just prefer a boys weekend to the Ranch, but its really about what I want, right?!?
We gave K a GoPro camera (so much fun!) for his birthday - and Rebecca made him a beautifully decorated bag.
We've had crazy rain in the ATX in May and June and haven't even made it to the pool yet but spent one early afternoon (in between morning and late afternoon rain showers) at a splash pad nearby. Good times.
And I have no idea what this is. Owen is clearly being a good sport.
And I barely know who this is. Rebecca the tiger? Rebecca the ???
I guess Rebecca is in a photo-worthy phase...decorating the draw-on-wash-and-start-over dress for her AG doll Rosalon. And making very buttery toast for ?
Oooh! Tornado warning (or is it watch? whichever one is more serious) night...we hung out in the only interior room w/ no windows (realizing we have a lot of windows) in the house - the closet under the stairs currently featuring the toy kitchen. Kyle was out clothes shopping. Yep - crazy on all fronts.
Rebecca is in a baking-without-help-or-recipes phase. This was a "cake".
It had no leavening agent so her solution to making it tastier was to cover it in chocolate syrup and feed it to her animal/doll friends.
This one turned out a lot better...
So it got purple icing. Owen was just there for moral support and licking.
The final product - I think she called it Purple Coconut Surprise Cake. It was purple, had coconut in it.
And I guess the surprise was that it was actually edible not completely un-tastey.
A waffle covered in sunbutter and syrup. She's into the kitchen-towel full-body napkin these days "because that's how people eat in shows."





















No comments:
Post a Comment