So we had everything all planned for Maggie's 4th birthday party - bike riding at the neighborhood school playground/sport court + breakfast tacos + donut cake. But then THE RAINS came. We postponed until after our trip to Paris...

Meanwhile, its her actual birthday and we're gone (incite parent guilt). But the grandparents took such good care of her and made her feel so special...with some help from her sibs.
Here is Rebecca making blueberry pies for breakfast? (Mom, you may need to help me out here w/ the details.)
Birthday breakfast before camp?
I know this was birthday evening dinner. Balloons, hats, ice cream cake, pizza from Salvation...
...and of course lots of presents.
Nana and favorite cousin-buddy Blair also dropped by so I know she had a great day.
While we were gone Bee also took them to the Zilker Botanical Gardens - but I'm not sure if this was on Maggie's birthday or not.
Love this one of the three of them. (Maggie is, of course, looking at the older two.)
Owen reading the map.
Girls taking a break.
All three enjoying snow cones.
I know they did other fun stuff with the grands while we were gone but I am guessing that it was tricky enough to wrangle them without taking pics. They went to The Farm with Dahdo/Pam but they never share their pictures with me. ;)
Oh! Back to the birthday party. We tentatively rescheduled it for a Friday morning after we got back but I started to realize that Maggie already felt like she had her birthday (and whatever festivities were required in her mind) and the timing wasn't great for a lot of our family/friends so I ended up calling it off. First time in almost 8 years and 3 kids that we haven't had a birthday party. I think that's a pretty good streak. And hopefully when she reads this herself someday and feels jilted she'll forgive me. Sweet third kiddo. :)
Happy Birthday Maggie - we really do LOVE YOU!












No comments:
Post a Comment