Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Owen + Drone + Soccer Finale

For Owen's birthday Bee got him a subscription to "Pley" - a Netflix-like subscription service for legos. You pick them, they send them, you build them, then send them back. Repeat. 

Here is his first creation - something from Star Wars.
He enjoys getting the mail and getting to pick lego sets that are too expensive for him to buy, but I'm not sure he's doing enough of them to justify the monthly fee. We'll see how it goes and when the gift subscription runs out we'll see...

Here he is with friends flying his little drone helicopter. Its like watching a bunch of cats chase the red light from a laser pointer!
Helping me keep Maggie from inviting herself to Rebecca's tea party in the yard. He was having fun right before I took this picture.
Finally brought my camera to a soccer game. The season ended last Saturday and I think we were both bummed! It was fun seeing his team really start to work together and I know Owen was really enjoying it. He says he likes defense the best.
Some words of affirmation from Coach Friesen and a medal (I wish it was gold. Next time it should be gold.)
  • Owen has lost 3 nice nalgene water bottles this school year. He now has the honor of carrying a cheap plastic one (probably laden w/ all sorts of chemicals) that Carlos brought home in a swag bag from a music festival. It was branded with a vodka company's name - which I covered with duck tape so it is now appropriate for a kiddo. 
  • He talks like me. To Rebecca who was in the middle of doing something potentially dangerous: Let's see how THAT works out for you...
  • No surprise, into specifics: There were about a hundred. No, more like 105.

No comments: