Thursday, April 17, 2014

National Lemonade Stand Day

I remember seeing online a few weeks ago that there is a "National Lemonade Stand Day" sometime in April or May. I even put it on my calendar thinking the kids and I might do something. And they beat me too it. I came home one day last week from Costco w/ a bunch of big boxes. Rebecca immediately claimed one (I'm hard-pressed to throw a box away, ever). She painted it brown and told me it was a lemonade stand. Okay. The next day about an hour before our neighborhood "First Friday Happy Hour" O & R informed me they were doing a lemonade stand and did I have any lemons. Um, no. But I did have HEB brand chrystal light lemonade - quality fake stuff. So we mixed up a batch in an empty gallon water jug, got out cups, made a little sign for their stand on the computer and googled how much to charge for a glass of lemonade. I'm not joking - I googled that. Mostly to settle a dispute becuase Owen wanted to charge 1 penny (or free!) and Rebecca wanted to make as much money as possible. We had a brief supply/demand discussion ;) and settled on $.25/cup. 

And off they went. 

Lemonade $.25
Thanks for drinking with us, 
Rebecca & Owen

Anything to drum up business.
Waving to passing cars.
First Customers!!!
Jimmy and Staci from across the street! 
They gave them a dollar and said they didn't need change.
Once the others neighbors arrived that was pretty much the trend. One or two glasses for a dollar. The only person who asked for change was another kid. I'm not sure how they worked it out! Minus the 2 dollars in quarters I gave them to start out (in order to make the change they didn't ever need to make) which they had to repay, they netted about $11. They definitely learned a little about ROI, not so much for hard work. :)

No comments: