It occurred to me a few weeks ago that I wasn't sure Maggie knew her given name is Margaret Laura. We had a very adult conversation about it and she told me "no, just Maggie." Then she giggled and started repeating "Marrrret Laura" over and over again and giggling like it was the funniest thing in the world. She at least knows who we're talking to/about if we ever use that name! But in some ways she's right - she's just Maggie. :)

Didn't take her long to copy Rebecca's trick.
Tight, frequent, often sticky snuggles...that's her style.
Daddy did her hair and she thought it was priiiiiiiity.
Cheeeeese face for pictures - working on keeping eyes open. There's just so much smile!
These used to be Rebecca's sunglasses. Maggie can rock them as well.
Other Maggie-isms:
-Doesn't just rely on her brother or sister to try to delay bedtime - she now has a nightly request for a sipowater and its not just for her. There's sipowater Maggie and sipowater Rebecca and sipowater Owen too. Strong work 3rd child!
-Also has a very strong opinion about which of "their songs" we sing at bedtime. And her opinion is that we should sing all of them. But I think she's learned that I'm not going to sing all 3 songs all the way through so we usually get through about a verse of whichever one she demanded first and she will yell out the name of another one (like changing the Mommy Pandora Station)...repeat as many times as I'll allow. Her favorites are: Doddabud (Before the Throne of God Above), and of course Vision and Fountain but she also likes to thrown in Oh, Donny E-I-O (with a specific animal requested) of course.
-I think I've mentioned that she can now say Owen and Rebecca's full names (as opposed to Owie and Bepbep) but she also likes to (just for fun?) put a RE in front of anyone's name - so she'll say REbecca, and REowen, and REmaggie are here!
-She still carries her baby with her a lot of places but is very quick to hand it off if she needs to do something else - Hode dis baby - is what she says to me. It works both ways since her other favorite thing to hold is my phone so she'll sneak grab it from my back pocket or from the kitchen counter and say Hode dis phone (as if to assure me that all she wants to do is hold it...not move apps, navigate straight to videos of herself that she likes to watch over and over again, play music (she has decent taste except for Dora's Backpack song over and over again which is my fault for having it on there), etc.
-She says "Mees" for "excuse me" which for some reason I really think is cute - she'll scoot by me and say "Mees, momma, Mees!"
-In terms of who Maggie is at almost three years old, this is a big one. She has a favorite book. Big time favorite. She grabbed it at the library and honestly I wasn't paying attention to what it was and we got it home and it happened to be about potty training (sort of) and I'm NOT exaggerating when I say I think we have collectively read it over 100 times. In fact, we re-checked it out twice, then I broke down and ordered it on Amazon. It's called Pip and Posey: The Little Puddle. And without quoting the entire book to you (which I think I could) - I'll just say its about two sweet little mice friends that are having a playdate and one of them (Pip) has an accident. Maggie's favorite page is right after Pip was having so much fun roaring like a dinosaur that he forgot he needed to go pee. And SUDDENLY (she yells) there was a little puddle (PUDDLE O' PEEPEE)...but Posey says "EREEBODY HA' ACCIDENTS SONETIMES" (and even though the book doesn't say this POSEY CLEAN IT UP!)...She can basically recite it now. We sort of have a set dialogue when we read it - what I read, what she reads (while I read) and the commentary she adds....it's the same every time. I love that.
And they spent the rest of the day painting pictures (WHAT DAT? ALLIGATOR!)
And the next time Pip had to go pee he went in the potty all by himself. (ALL BY HISELF!!!)
Hooray.
(THE EN'!)
I'm keeping this one for the grandkids. :)








No comments:
Post a Comment