Saturday, February 12, 2011

Diamonds and Poop

Two stories you'll never believe happened all within 24 hours...

1) Kyle wins me a pair of diamond earrings at Owen's preschool's "Rhinestone Rodeo" dinner/auction fundraiser event. He rode the mechanical bull for the record 47 seconds. The time to beat was 32. The average time of most folks was 8-12. He rode twice, the first time for 11 seconds. So 47 was a freakishly long ride. At first people were just cheering him on like we had done for everyone else. Then everyone started jumping and screaming. I just started laughing so hard I seriously almost peed in my pants. It was like - is this guy EVER going to fall off?

He's pretty much a local celebrity now. All the other men hate him. All the women were jealous. It was, in a word, awesome. People were asking if he had "previous professional experience". Seriously? He says he injured a testicle (but we agreed we won't be needing those anymore) and his thumb. Poor baby. We continued to laugh for the rest of the night. Stinking unbelievable.

Happy early Valentine's Day to me.     :)

***Sunday morning update: Kyle's notoriety grows. He got "congratulations" and "wows" from several people at our small (non-preschool affiliated) church that he had never even met before. Word of greatness spreads quickly. We're expecting calls from the local news to start poring in at any moment.

2) Rebecca wasn't falling asleep for her nap as easily as usual so I went in to check on her. She had practically been asleep in my arms 45 minutes before when I was getting her ready to put her in bed so what I saw was even more shocking...

Dancing, prancing, jumping and having a grand ol' time in her crib with POOP EVERYWHERE. Her diaper was still on so I guess she just decided to dig around and have a little dance + art party. Immediately to the bath. Bedding and lovies immediately in the wash. Thank goodness for Clorox wipes.

Happy Saturday afternoon to me.      :)



1 comment:

Franny said...

Both of these stories need to go in the record book. Seriously. What a memorable weekend.