Wednesday was really cold and we were hunkered down in the house all morning. To break up those long hours we had a pre-lunch bubble bath.
Baths always include tea parties.
The Happy Hostess.
Mr. I Don't Like Water in My Face.
Rebecca is in to putting on everyone's shoes. She could only take a few steps in Kyle's big "work" boots before falling flat on her cute little face.
And today was Austin's "annual snow day". (I know I shouldn't get my hopes up - or the kids' - that we'll get a little snow each year, but we've had 1 day both years we've been back.) It's a real treat. And to be honest I'm glad it only lasts a day. Owen remembers playing in the snow last year and building "Grassy the Snowman" but Rebecca was too little.
Here they are all bundled up.
Kyle and Owen put a cup of ice out last night as an "experiment" - a teachable moment about water freezing and turning into ice. Here he is testing the outcome and explaining it to Rebecca, his lab assistant.
Truthfully, Rebecca didn't last long. My fault really. Her only gloves are knit - which work fine 99% of the time in Austin - but once they're wet with snow you might as well take them off. Her poor little paws were just frozen and she did NOT like it.
Some neighbors walked down the street and played for a bit (while Rebecca was inside warming up) - there was a little bit of sledding on plastic storage bin lids, a lot of snowball throwing (Owen: "I got you!" - from 1-3 feet away from his victim, usually Ben's dad Mr. John), and a pitiful little snowman or "snow-mound" as Kyle called him when he got home. At least he had a carrot for his nose.
You should see him after the melting kicked in...not pretty.
Fun times!




No comments:
Post a Comment