Bee & Rebecca posing on the "Lion's Pride" statue at the entrance. (I remember this place being SO much bigger when I was a kid!)
Owen climbed up by himself but then couldn't get down. Glad I'm still needed. :)
At first, not sure what to think about the BIG bear. Roar.
Then she couldn't stop pointing and roaring.
Owen was glad the bear was in a cage - very practical.
Roar. (Not that I'd want to meet this guy in the wild, but he seemed pretty old and docile.)
At least they're both looking at the camera.
Hippo bottoms. Talk about making you feel skinny!
Mom and I like the flamingos a lot - they're knees are backwards and that imperfection is very pleasing to us - like there is a kinship.
This popsicle was so tall he had a hard time getting it into his mouth. No worries - he stuck it out and finished the whole thing.
Being with Bee means that there are treats - of the edible and toy variety. Rebecca picked out a small stuffed panda bear (even though we didn't see a panda) - boy, does she like to roar! And Owen picked out this "kimona dragon grabber" (plastic head on a stick).
Owen also got a new cap, which Rebecca couldn't resist pulling off his head and trying on herself. In her own style.
We finished the day with a train ride. And of course we stayed later than we had anticipated. But the weather was overcast, the zoo was near abandoned, the food was fried, and we had a great time. We couldn't figure out why we only ever came in the suffocating heat/humidity of July/August when I was growing up?! Bee is so much smarter now. :)



1 comment:
Awesome!
I remember the BIG ZOO!
When I was almost 7, (older bro 10 and younger bro 4), we rode an elephant at the San Antonio Zoo! YES! an elephant.
Can you imagine the 'safety' violations, now?
Your kids look like they really enjoyed themselves, and so does Bee. Thanks for sharing.
oooo Hugs all around oooo
Post a Comment