Sunday, February 12, 2017

Mexican Thanksgiving

We went to Mexico over Thanksgiving break this year. I'm pretty sure these pics are all out of order. Here is what you need to know:
  • Tulum (near Cancun, in the Riviera Maya or Mayan Peninsula) is beach paradise and I don't even like beaches. 
  • Dahdo, Pam, plus Pam's son Hunter and his girlfriend Rachel
  • We released 100+ sea turtles into the ocean the night we arrived
  • We had LONG travel days...drove to Houston, flew to Mexico City, then to Cancun after a long layover, then a shuttle to the house in Tulum. To save (a lot of) money. Kids were travel troopers.
  • They could swim and play in the pool and on the beach FOREVER.
  • I could eat homemade guac and sit in the hammock and read FOREVER.
  • Kyle could explore and snorkle and (one day, scuba) FOREVER.
  • Owen has embarked on Harry Potter
  • We need more than 1 screen for these 3 to share when we travel (*we have since remedied that). But still - troopers!
  • I got sicker than I can ever remember being at the airport in Mexico city during our layover on the homeward bound day. Let's just say I now have experience with the little bags in the seat back pockets. Montezuma got his revenge - or Carl's Jr.
  • Putting a kayak in a swimming pool is actually pretty fun
  • Kids figuring out how to take slow-mo videos is pretty fun, too 
  • We missed traditional American thanksgiving food, and seeing the rest of our family, but it was SO good to slow down with the kids for the week.
  • Until next time...
 Now that you know everything you need to know - here are a bunch of our of order pics with very little description :)
(bucket o' baby sea turtles about to be released)



No comments: