Saturday, August 13, 2016

3rd Time's a Charm

Kyle and I realize how spoiled we've been these last few months - getting to make 3 trips to Colorado - especially on days like today where its hit 103 in Austin and is muggy as all getout. 


So - just a few pics of our 3rd and final trip of the summer - with a great group of leaders from our church to Beaver Creek. Great time with some people we've known and loved for a while, plus time to make some new friends.
We had a lot of free time which we were encouraged to spend in small groups, but there were a few things we did all together like rafting. The river was plenty low so an easy/fun afternoon. Even saw a few impressive flips off the front of our boat in some slower waters. And some epic splashes between boats. And lots of ridiculous if not outright untrue stories from our tattooed scottish guide.

The ladies from our west campus team. Sally, Leslie, Diann, Julie, me, Audra. Love them.
A "hike" down a green after riding the gondola.
 Another hike with some couples - I actually quit at the beginning - wasn't into it - started heading back to join the group that was probably reading by the pool. But then I unquit and caught up. And after a really long hike, I sort of wished I had quit at the beginning. :)

 In between those two hikes I went mountain biking (what? I know - I don't even like it) and ended up definitely not liking it after I fell and stripped all the skin off of my palms and one knee - I was quite the baby when Kyle was picking gravel out of my hands. Glad I tried it so next time someone invites me I can trust the little voice in my head that says - hey, Alison, you don't like mountain biking. Oh yeah, thanks!

Me and Sally - matchy matchy.
 Diann too - who can't not smile in a picture for the life of her.
 While I was hiking and mountain biking Kyle was getting some personal instruction in fly fishing - his new hobby. He had a great time and I'm sure has a new gear wish list. 

Now, for some pics from the mountains. Outside of the glorious weather and the fantastic company, definitely my favorite part.
Thanks to Marisela, Nana, Dahdo/Pam and Snapology Minecraft camp for taking care of the kids! 

Oh, just a PS Marisela should get a special award for helping us out this week. Kyle and I actually traveled to Denver separately - I was coming from Lubbock where I attended my uncle Don Walker's funeral (married to my dad's oldest sister Jonet). I get a call that morning that Rebecca has been up all night puking and he's not sure he is going to be able to leave her...fast forward a couple of hours, she's able to keep water and crackers down and seems to be feeling better so he hops on his plane. That day Sela reports she seems to be doing better, but the next morning we get an early morning call that Owen has been doing the same. Grrrrrrreat. Anyways, it was short lived for everyone, but nobody but FAMILY would take care of our kids in that situation - and Marisela definitely qualifies. :)








No comments: