Friday, May 8, 2015

Happy Birthday Rosie Nosie

If you've met Rebecca or read the blog for any length of time this post won't surprise you and almost needs no words (but you also know that I don't do "no words")...
So, for days Rebecca had been saying it was Rosie Nosie's birthday. Who is Rosie Nosie, you ask? She's a small stuffed kitty cat of course!

As you know Rebecca does a lot of crafting and planning and I never know which little brainchilds of hers are going to come to fruition or even more, come to fruition in such a big way that they require my help and cause serious tears if I'm not able to help implement them. This was one of those. 

For days she worked on creating a pee-yata. She collects toilet paper rolls (who doesn't?) and put her easter candy in them and duck taped them all together. Then one night when I was out and Marisela (worlds best babysitter) was here Sela helped her cut a long strip of tissue paper into fringe and tape it on the long pee-yata. And behold - a red pee-yata.
She and Sela (and eventually Owen) started working on this little box home for the Pandas (who I think are somehow related to Rosie Nosie)...it got way more detailed than this picture shows.
So, one Friday afternoon after days and days of talk about how "today is Rosie Nosie's birthday!" and my trying to ignore it. I sent out the emergency text to all mommas of little girls I know in the neighborhood plus the grandmas. Thankful for one little girl E came and so did Bee!

Rosie Nosie waiting for the party to start.
Rebecca playing with the...may pole? Rebecca making a card for RN - Rebecca had a card-making station set up because she (thankfully) realized that people might not have time to get a gift for RN.
Pee-yata time! Even Bee took a swing! (And when your pee-yata is shaped like a stick you don't need a stick - you just bang it on the ground!)
Rice crispy treat cake complete w/ candle. (Lest you think I'm far more awesome than I am those rice crispies are from a giant cost-co box of individually wrapped ones left over from some kid event when I was clearly too lazy to even make rice crispies from scatch. Laziness for the win a second time!)
Rebecca was happy to help RN blow out her candle and open her presents.
One from Bee (she actually made a trip by the grocery store on the way over - best ever!) and picked up a cat-face bag clip. The other is what Rebecca made and wrapped several days ago - when she started saying it was RN's birthday. She gave her art (of course), a ball of string, a baggie of goldfish, and a unicorn card from the grocery store that she spent $4 of her own money on because she had to have it (we're still talking about value...)
Rosie Nosie and all of the guests had a wonderful time. Especially the party-planner. I seriously can't wait until I'm old enough for Rebecca to plan all of my parties.


No comments: