Tuesday, April 14, 2015

He is Risen!

First things first - 1 Cor 15:1-4, 19-20a
Now I would remind you, brothers, of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, in which you stand, and by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you—unless you believed in vain.For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures...19 If in Christ we have hope in this life only, we are of all people most to be pitied. 20 But in fact Christ has been raised from the dead...

He is risen, He is risen indeed!

I could preach here...but Matt does a much better job than I would. So I'll skip to the festivities. 

It's fun to have little traditions - the kids are definitely at ages where I can't get by with just doing whatever I feel like for a given holiday - because they remember last year and probably further back then that! So we started our 4-day Easter weekend with a little egg-dying at Nana's.
 The next morning we had our neighborhood's Second Annual Easter Egg Hunt at the elementary school - great turnout just like last year!  Phil giving the welcome and some instructions...
Trying to keep the kids away from the egg areas until the official start time!

The donuts were a help in that department. Rebecca was two-fisting two donuts - when she was caught she had to give one to her brother.
 Owen strategizing w/ some friends...
 The big kids were all about the hunt.
 Maggie just played on the playscape and then asked Owen to share his egg, which of course he did. Smart gal.
 Maggie was reunited w/ her friend M who has the exact same birthday - they are officially hysterical together!
 And then it was all about the loot.
 The Other Mezgers were with Mel's family this year and instead of doing the Austin rounds to see everyone we just had both sides of the family over for lunch after church. After food and Easter basket goodies we found Maggie asleep at the kitchen counter - looks like she polished off some peeps and fell asleep reading Daniel Tiger's Potty book. Sweet dreams for sure.
 This was the cleanest part of my floor.
One more time: He is risen, He is risen indeed!

No comments: