Thursday, April 2, 2015

Alex & Deidre = The McElroys!

On Friday, March 13th my little brother Alex became an Ol' Married Man when he married Deidre Skrudland - my new sister! Watch this - you won't regret it - it'll be the sweetest thing you'll see today

All three kiddos and I were in the wedding so you can imagine that I didn't take many photos. But here are a few we managed to get...

I will probably mention this a few times during this post and that won't be enough - we could NOT have gotten through all the wedding festivities without the help of our wondeful Marisela. Here she is (all pretty in a floral dress) wrangling our 3 (of the 6) little attendants before they walked out!
I think my dad caught this one as O and M rounded the corner - O was all seriousness (its a BIG job to have to get your little sister down the isle without incident - and he did a wonderful job) and M did wonderfully. I took a huge sigh of relief once they were done! (The other big/little pair was the oldest/youngest niece and nephew- Sophia and Charlie - of Deidre.)
Another of Dad's photos - Rebecca walking with Deidre's middle neice - Ella Rose. She thought this pairing was perfect because her name was Ella Rose and all of Rebecca's favorite friends are Rose Princess, Rosalon, Rosie, Rose and Rosie Nose or something like that). Mostly Vanessa (Deidre's sister, their mom) and I were just glad to give these two spunky middle children a task - throw the petals!
They got a little turned around at the alter because they were standing on the wrong sides of each other to turn the directions they were each supposed to go - but after some twirling they worked it out.
The kids did great through the beautiful ceremony - Sela had to sneak away with Maggie when she got antsy but that's why she was there - so it all worked out! Ya'll - I have no pics of this because I was up front (have you watched the video yet???) but Deidre was the most gorgeous bride I've ever seen. And my brother, well, he cleans up good.

Here are a few post-ceremony. Mom telling Alex he better not screw this up. Just kidding - I'm sure she was saying something sweet. By the way (and I'll probably say this a few times too) - isn't my mom a looker? Gee wiz!
Awwwww.
Trying to get a few of the fam in various configurations. (I guess R was over the flower crown at this point.)
Could I smile any bigger? I think I was hoping it would transfer to the others.
The three
Acting better with a little supervision from Pamelita.
Her sparkles were so much fun!
Kyle and I kept saying that while we're pretty use to seeing our girls dressed up (not quite like this, but at least in a dress) we were most in awe of how dapper Owen looked - quite a little man!
The schedule had a decent break between the ceremony and the reception (happy hour type deal while we took photos) so the kids ate about a million pounds of gold fish and leftover pizza.
Because at this point if the dress stays white its just a bonus.
Alex checking in on our little crew...
Maggie insisted (?) he have some juice.
Really good? Not what he expect? Only Alex knows.
Can't wait to see the professional photos - but liked these snapshots of me and my little people while they're still little.
It took 17 photos to get one where she was actually looking and smiling - pretty stinker!
And this one wouldn't have anything to do w/ Kyle taking a pic of us...so later I caught her and convicned her to take a selfie with me. Where are we looking?
Pre-reception/dinner Sprite modelling.
So fun to catch up with so many family and friends! A highlight was seeing these two - Margaret, Mom's bestie from college, and her daughter Kristin, childhood friend of mine.
(Throwback: the last time we were all together was at my wedding just over 10 years ago.)
We had originally planned (hence the pizza, etc.) to send the kids home with Sela before the reception (since it didn't start til almost 8 but they were still doing great and they heard about BBQ and were too excited to leave. And since Kyle and I were at the table w/ the wedding party Sela managed them at a table w/ my Dad/Pam.
Dahdo and Owen
I think this is during/after some dancing.
Two great guys. (Apparently Kyle's ability to jigger-bug/swing/2-step leftover from A&M days was quite a surprise to my family. Kyle usually busts that out at weddings and and other large parties a couple of times a year. It's exhausting so we don't do much - plus I'm a toe-stepper so its not easy for him to lead me! It was fun to show his moves off and surprise everyone - especially since I didn't think it would be a surprise!)
Like I said, a highlight was definitely seeing family. This is my Aunt Joyce (AJ to me) - my mom's slightly older sister. They look sooooo similar, Joyce is just smaller and blond. Growing up when we were all together I was mistaken for her kiddo a lot. Anyways, she and my uncle Doug came down from the panhandle with their granddaugher Kenlee (my 2nd cousin?). Kenlee has a special bond w/ my mom = "Crazy Aunt Becky."
The night before the rehearsal dinner (which was so fun, by the way, and I have no pics of - boo!) we met AJ, Doug and Kenlee out at the Hillcountry Galleria (near their hotel) for dinner. My kids adore Kenlee and she is soooooo great with them.
A special pic because AJ is the one who gave Maggie "Baby" on her first birthday.
We're kind of going in reverse order now...but this is the bouquet made from ribbons from Deidre's shower that I made for her to carry at the rehearsal. Beautiful, right? I LEFT IT ON MY COUNTER AT HOME. Ugh, it literally made me sick. :(
I couldn't help think about my fam at my wedding a bunch during the week - a few things, Alex-specific, worth remembering:
-I had to specifically tell Alex he wasn't allowed to wear his Grateful Dead belt (fabric w/ dancing bears) to my rehearsal dinner.
  -In his toast to me he introduced himself as "Alison's sister" on accident - my mom still gives him a a hard time about that.
-Going waaaaay back...Alex took his pants off at my Aunt Debbie's wedding...
We've come along way, Bro. Love you.

No comments: