Saturday, October 11, 2014

My Man

Just a little ode to Kyle - who got up at 3am this morning (in the rain) to get brisket and ribs in the smoker. Its a big game day in college football and we're having people over tonight to eat smoked meat a la Kyle and watch football. I asked him if it was worth it (the 3am wake-up call) and he said definitely. Incidentally - he has done a "big smoke" maybe 4-5 times and we have had a "big rain" 2-3 of those times. He's basically the TX Rainmaker. 

Kyle didn't take his quasi-annual backpacking trip this fall but instead went on Mezger Men (uncles, cousins, Dad = Grandpa Robert) fishing trip in Colorado. Picture taking was not a high priority but here is one of him with a catch.
 
And here he is shop-vacing behind our washer after a pretty sizeable flood in the laundry/mud room. A sink got left on accidentally (I'm happy to report I didn't do it) - all is well but it was a little adventure. So glad we have concrete floors!
Even though the flood was not my doing, I did back our minivan into the garage door. People have told me everyone does that. But I have yet to meet all of these people. The door was open and my muscle memory took over and I closed it thinking I was opening it (though I don't actually remember doing it) and when I backed up it was on its way down. Could have been much worse. It didn't break my back windshield (where it hit) and the garage door repair guy was able to fix it up easily, cheapily and with pretty much no visible damage. Whew!

*This football watching, smoker-manning, rainy Saturday has meant I have been able to catch up on the blog...see new posts below on Owen's birthday and some general kid updates. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Lynne in NC said...

Ali,
All of these posts are fantastic! Love, love, love all the wonderful photos.
Thanks for sharing and have an awesome October.
Hugs,
Lynne