So, as you can tell, I'm trying to wrap up posts for 2011 so I can get my blog book printed for the year. I have had it on my list to have Kyle post about his trip to Canyonlands National Park in Utah - a trip he took with 2 buddies back in the spring. I really wanted him to write a little post - just so we'd have his "voice" recorded. But alas, I kept forgetting to ask and he's out of town today and tomorrow hunting (more on that in a bit) and I'm impatient, so I'm doing it...
Side note:
Hunting. I had no idea when we got married I married a hunter. I knew I married a boy who grew up in the country and went hunting as a kid/teen, but that's different than marrying a hunter. Well...Kyle is a hunter. One of his predominant mental screensavers is white tale this, winchester 70 that, sausage this, roast that, when can I get to the ranch???
I'm poking fun a little bit, but I'm glad he does it - mostly because he LOVES it - and its time he gets to spend with some of his best buddies, but also because we get yummy roast and sausage (jalapeno cheese kilbasa anyone?) to have on hand for the quickest, easiest dinners ever.
So, here's to wishing the end of his 2011 hunting season is a good one. Our freezer has a little too much room for ice cream in it right now...
Okay, back to Canyonlands. This is Kyle's other mental screensaver - and not just dreaming about the trip - the views, the weather, the feel of being out in God's country...but dreaming about the meticulous planning it takes to pull this kind of stuff off. He's pretty good at it too.
Here he is with Gunnar and Ryan - his partners for this adventure. Gunnar is a friend from residency who lives in New York, Ryan is a friend from college who lives in Dallas.
I hope I get this right - they were on the trail for 3 nights.
Packed in all their food and gear. The only luxury was our giant DSLR camera. One of his favorite parts of the trip was the varied landscape they went through.
I know that was a lame summary of what was an awesome trip. But that's what happen when I postpone something for 8 months. I'll make sure Kyle tells you himself about his next adventure.
No comments:
Post a Comment