Sunday, January 8, 2012

Christmas Goodies

What is the Christmas season without an overload of sugar and the family fun that goes with making sugar things?! Rice crispie treats, sugar cookies, birthday cupcakes...

One evening when Kyle was working I was desperate for an activity for the kids so decided we'd make rice Christmas treats. Somehow I discovered that Franny had the other Mezger kids over at her house. [Actually this is really fun - Luke and Mel went out for Mezger Homes' first annual Christmas party/dinner - just Mel and Luke. Wasn't that a genius date-night move on her part?] Okay, so Franny has Bailey and Blake (they took Blair) and I thought...what's better than 1 adult 2 kids and a baby making rice crispy treats in my dingy little kitchen? Why, 2 adults, 5 kids and a baby making rice crispy treats in a big nice kitchen!

Here they are pressing down the treats. (In reality, I made them while they played - did I actually think they'd help???)
When can we eat them???

Here is our newest little helper. She was pretty content to play in the exersaurcer as long as she got to play with her very own cookie cutter. Actually, that's not true. Bee or I had to hold her a bunch...which is why we have so few pictures of the actual process! (This was right before Bee gave Maggie her very first taste of cookie dough. Way to go Bee.)
Woohoo aprons! (This is more clothes than I can usually get Rebecca to wear when we're at home.)
Rebecca sporting my "onion goggles" while Owen helps Bee mix the frosting.
A little taste test.
Doesn't get much yummier than this.
Cookies are done and decorated! Noooooo Rebecca! Wait wait wait!
Yea!
Now you can try one.
I think she's afraid I'm going to take her cookie away.
For our Christmas celebration with the Mezger gang, we have always had a birthday cake for Jesus. This year, I was in charge and decided I was in a cup-cakey mood. The kids were so helpful "cleaning up" after I made the cupcakes during their nap the day after Christmas.
What good sharing!
They had to wait to eat the cupcakes and you have to wait to see them...

No comments: