Sunday, October 30, 2011

The Future Mrs. Joel Fisher Brege

So, I went to Georgia for a looooong weekend with my college besties - Megan and Cary. Megan lives there and Cary lives in Raleigh. We rendezvoused in Atlanta, saw Megan's crib and drove to a cabin (thanks to a Cary in-law-hook-up) just outside of Blue Ridge Georgia. We talked and talked, played Outburst - Bible Edition (thanks to the Cabin owners), talked and talked some more, made 82 s'mores (I was pittiful enough to get Megan to make mine - she does the marshmellows just right and adds peanut butter - divine!) in the fire that Cary built us each night in the fireplace (she is quite the Girl Scout), talked and talked some more, went on a couple of walks, played with our cameras, took some naps, and then stayed up late to talk some more. (Confession: we also bought a cheapo dvd player at the local Radio Shack because we needed to watch Save the Last Dance.) Ah...it was just about perfect.

And did I mention Maggie got to spend some time with her betrothed? Meet Joel Fisher Brege - Cary's 6 month old sweetie.
 Wud up?
 Maggie was not quite in the mood to smile during our little photo shoot. And she hates tummy time.
 Getting mad.
 (Please honey - be sweet to your future mother-in-law!)
Nope. Lost it.
 We propped Maggie up against the wood pile with Joel strongly by her side.
 Ohmygoshohmygosh-whatisthat???
 It's gone. Let's eat some leaves. (You're funny! - he says)
 And now we're both happy!
 Leaves don't taste good. How about someone give me a marshmallow on a stick?

I absolutely don't get to see these girls often enough. But I'm always thankful for and encouraged by the time together. Next time we'll actually get a picture of all of us together!

_____

Did I mention that Kyle kept the kids for the weekend? You probably assumed. Anyways, Owen had a fantastic sleepover with Cousin Bailey and Rebecca had a sleepover with Nana one night when Kyle had to work. (How lucky are we that we have so many awesome family members and friends here? Broken record, yes, I know.) I think it was really good for the big kids to get some parental attention without Baby Sister around. And I know Kyle enjoyed it. They went to the Children's Museum and just did a lot of playing. Kyle also got to be the "helping parent" in Rebecca's preschool class one day (he'll plan on doing Owen's in the spring sometime). When I got back and was dropping the kids off at preschool several of the other moms commented to me about what a TROOPER Kyle is - that he was "on duty" for a long time and is essentially THE MAN. I couldn't agree more. Thanks babe.

No comments: