Maggie is 2 weeks and 1 day old. At her 2 week check-up (13 cays old actually) she weighted in at 8 pounds 3 ounces (50-75th %) - still not quite up to birth weight, but on the right track. She was 21 inches long (75-90th %). And everyone that meets her notices her really long fingers and toes - but that's not something the pediatrician measures - bummer.
Here's the little bundle with Dadda. It was so great having him home for 2 weeks (1 week with Maggie after the hospital). And even though he officially went back to work on Monday, because of his call schedule, he was home some on both Monday and Tuesday. And we continue to have extra extra help from family so I have yet to have a full day with all 3 kiddos and no help. I'm soooo spoiled. But I know it and I'm thankful so I think that makes it okay.

Sweet girl. The dimple remains...
I'd say we're on a pretty typical newborn schedule which means we don't have a schedule. Some nights are great - she wakes up and eats and goes right back to sleep, and other nights (like last night) she decides that 2-4 would be a great time to be all bright-eyed and bushy-tailed.
Did you just a double take??? You should have...this picture is actually of Rebecca! (Above - Maggie, Below - Rebecca). Resemblance much??? Wow.
Then and now. Rebecca enjoying a little Bob the Builder with her trusty milk and Owen's "Mr. Kimono Dragon" head on a stick. My how they change!
More Maggie. (It's a good thing my pictures are pretty well organized on the computer or I think we'd never be able to tell them apart!)
How Owen gets close to give her a kiss.
Rebecca getting close...kiss to follow.
Little changes in the backyard = a big difference! Some new hose toys and a classic turtle sandbox and all of a sudden our backyard is THE place to be! It's awesome. Here's Owen taking a little nap? on the turtle lid?
A couple Owen and Rebecca "funnies":-One evening not too long after we got home from the hospital, Nana came over for a little bit and ended up eating dinner with us and Owen very bluntly asked her, "Why are YOU still here?"
-Owen asked me why I was taking so many naps and I explained that I was having to be up a lot at night to take care of Maggie and he said, "But Momma, that's silly - you're not nocturnal!"
-Rebecca is now very fond of the following words and phrases: "mine" (awesome, I know), "pop-ba-ba" (popsicle - her first 3 syllable word - we're locking the fridge again because all she wants is popsicles and she knows how to get them!), "I-dih-ih!!! (this one is used all the time, but she's especially fond of saying it while/after taking off her clothes).
-Speaking of taking off her clothes...Rebecca is now sleeping in her birthday suit. It started with her taking off her pajama pants and throwing them out of the crib. A few days later (when we had stopped putting pants on her altogether), the shirt started coming off. A few days later (when we were only putting her down in a t-shirt and diaper), the diaper started coming off. Obviously, this won't due. So, once she's asleep we sneak back in and put the diaper back on her. Any ideas??? Duct tape???
Update: Rebecca just completely undressed herself while I was nursing Maggie (and therefore somewhat unable to stop her - at least immediately). I took a break and put the diaper back on her. It came almost immediately off again. When I asked her where it was she said "threwit" (at least that's what I figured out a few minutes later when I found the perfectly dry diaper in the kitchen trash can). She ran around the house naked for about 30 minutes - with no accidents. Is this a sign of potty training readiness or just naked rebelliousness...or both? Good grief - what am I going to do with her? I am NOT ready to potty train her, even if she IS ready!
Update 2: In order to TRY to prevent her from taking off her diaper during her nap, I've put a pair of Owen's undies on top of it. She brought them to me. Lightning McQueen...

1 comment:
Love the nocturnal comment! Your children are precious and they all look alike to me but the resemblance between the girls is amazing! Loved hearing about the name too. What a great way to honor Kyle's sister. Good luck mom of 3!
Post a Comment