Where did we come up with her name? As is typical with a new baby, we've been getting that question a lot. Here is the brief answer.
Margaret/Maggie: Honestly, we just sort of ended up there. Kyle and I both have either a Margaret or a Marguerite in our families, but I wouldn't exactly say our Maggie was named after anyone in that sense. We just sort of liked it. Like "Owen", we felt like it was sort of old-fashioned, not too trendy (although like most of you know, there are 2 other Owen's in his pre-school class! - so we were wrong there)...Margaret is seriously traditional, Maggie is fun. Both work with Mezger. Lastly, it was important to us that the first name we picked go with the middle name we had already settled on: Laura.
Kyle's sister, Laura Lynn Mezger, passed away 10 years ago this month in a car accident. She was 23. She is the middle Mezger child - about 2 years younger than Kyle, 2 years older than Luke. I knew and looked up to her. She was a faithful servant of Christ, fun, spunky, smart, competitive, a little cantankerous...She is missed by everyone who knew her.
Kyle and Laura.
All three kiddos.
Playing in the rain.
Pretty sure Kyle is about to squirt Laura with milk.
Zink faces on summer vacation.
Gigem' Aggies. (Incidentally - when females were first admitted to A&M they were called "Maggies".)
A pretty special namesake for our little Maggie.

2 comments:
What a sweet post about Maggie's namesake. I wish I would have gotten to meet her.
Beautiful friend. So happy for you all.
Post a Comment