Saturday, November 29, 2008

Welcome Nathan Charles and Happy Thanksgiving!

I thought this day would never come--Christal and Phil (Murray) FINALLY had their baby! And it's a BOY! Nathan Charles was born early Wednesday morning after an arduous 24+ hours of labor (you go Christal)! I was so excited waiting at the hospital w/ her family that I could hardly stand it!

We actually got to have two Thanksgiving dinners with different friends, which just reminds us of how blessed we are to have such wonderful friends here in NC. Here I am with little Nathan at our joint Thanksgiving dinner on Friday. What a cutie! Makes me fondly remember when Owen was all balled up and snuggly too! But it also makes me remember the sleepless nights...


Kyle has had a great schedule recently--lots of "home call" where he only has to go in if he's called, and he has the day off after, so it's been great. He's gotten to play w/ Owen a lot. He's been encouraging Owen's new recognition of (and love for?) dogs by taking him to visit our neighbor's dog (over the fence). He can now definitely answer the question "what does a dog say" with a breathy "boof boof". We tried to teach him cow/moo, but since we don't see many (any) cows, that one hasn't stuck. He was fascinated by Christal and Phil's cats at Thanksgiving dinner, so we're thinking "meow" might be possible, but we'll see. What would really be nice is if he could finally associate and say "Mama" and "Dada" actually referring to us. Right now, we're "dat dat" just like everything else, and we mean EVERYTHING! The pointing helps.

Here's Owen at the park w/ Dada.

Here's Owen in the stroller (on the way to the park) w/ Dada.
Here's Owen trying to feed himself. We have decided that Owen is good at "the delivery" (meaning, he can get the spoon to his mouth), but is bad at "the unloading" (meaning, he just sort of chomps down on the spoon and we have to help him get the food off the spoon and the spoon out of his mouth. Same with brushing his teeth...
If any of you have suggestions on 1) how to keep him from pooping in the bathtub, or 2) how to keep him from waking up at 5:10am, we would greatly appreciate it.
Other updates: his walking is almost a run and he likes to play chase w/ Dada, also he has 7 teeth now. We think that's about it.
Toodles until next time. :)

1 comment:

The Fam said...

Ali...you are gorgeous. Not that this is the first time I have noticed, but I just thought you should know how strikingly pretty you are! I LOVE your profile pic. Anywho- I think the rest of your family is pretty darn cute as well! We are hoping to see you guys over Christmas, if only for a quick drive-by visit. I know you guys have a lot of folks to see so we'll make ours short and sweet. I just have to hug Owen's neck!!