Anyways, it felt like its been a while since I posted a general "what's Owen up to" blog, so I wanted to do that before we leave.
I mentioned before that he can saw "boof" when we ask him what a dog says. Now we can add a growl to the list when we ask him what a lion says. It's by far our favorite...and his. This afternoon when I put him down for his nap he spent a good 20 minutes in his crib just growling (he has a lion "lovey" in his crib so there's the association). It's actually a really quiet, sweet growl. We're working a "meow" for a cat too. It's sooo funny to watch him try to figure out animals--our neighbor's dog, our friends cats (who hide from him). He's also saying "uh oh" although he doesn't necessarily use it correctly. I have no doubt that like crawling and waving bye bye, Bee will put him in "talking bootcamp" while we're at home over the holidays. Kyle suspects it too and is afraid Owen will have some major breakthrough that he'll miss. I reassured him...
Other things...he loves to "give five"--it's so cute. He'll sort of walk around with his hand up just looking for people to give five to. His slap isn't very good though, so we're working on that!
Here he is w/ his neighbor girlfriend Lauren. They were both smiling about .5 seconds before I took the picture--promise!
Oh, and an update from a post a while ago--we tried something to get Owen to sleep in past 5am and IT WORKED! He's been hovering around the 7am mark for over a week now and it's wonderful! Fancy diapers and cutting off his sippy cup earlier in the evening have done the trick!
Oh, last update (maybe I've mentioned this before?)--but Owen waves at us when we tuck him in for bedtime or a nap--he knows we're going bye bye. It's so cute to see him zipped up in his sleep sack, with his blankie and lion waving us bye bye. Melts my heart.
Okay, that's all that's on my little sticky note. So...until the Christmas postings--perhaps "on location" in Austin, we'll see. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment