Whew, what a couple of weeks! Where to begin? Owen and I had a great trip to Austin. Even though we were there a week, it seemed busy! We got to see lots of family and friends. Owen had a great time playing w/ cousin Bailey (and all of her toys--new things!) and Aunt Melissa was kind enough to babysit him so I could get a message w/ my mom and my Auntie Joycie from Stratford--what a treat!
Here is AJ w/ Owen--her first time to meet him! (He might have been a little confused b/c she sounds exactly like my mom and looks an awful lot like her too!)
Owen decided this trip that he really liked Sido (it was bound to happen)! He would flash him a huge smile every time he saw him, but then sometimes would sort of act bashful and hide. Sido let him play with his shiny gold watch, and sit on his lap. Owen returned the love by breaking a "4000 year-old Mayan relic" that Bee plans to super-glue back together. No one will ever know... Here they are in matching outfits! :)
Ice cream. It has to be the perfect (albeit temporary) solution for sore teething gums. Here is my dad (temporarily "Grandpa Stan") and his girlfriend Pam giving him a little sweet medicine. Owen figured out how to climb up a small step (you can sort of see it in the photo) at her house. Down is a different story--we're still working on that.
Oh, the pool. We played at the neatest central Austin municipal pool (and playground). They have a great little kiddie pool w/ a big fountain and a regular play/lap pool. Bee enjoyed taking him in both. You can't tell, but he is splashing up a storm in this photo. (I forgot his bathing suite so he's just in a diaper--something I'm sure the other patrons appreciated.)
Other Austin news. We got to see my dear friend Taylor (who is currently residing in New York--how did I not get a picture of her w/ Owen?-arg!). We also saw other Austin and San Antonio cousins. I also got to hang w/ my bro at his new place--I'm thinking future babysitting should happen at our house. Mel, Bailey, Owen and I visited Kyle's grandma BB--I'll post a picture when I get them from Mel. It was such a great to get to hang out at Luke and Mel's new house (which he built, which is awesome) and it's super-close to my Mom's (where we stayed). They have a playroom to die for! Our friends the Fosheas came over one evening (you remember them from our beach stories, no?) and we got a little taste (minus Kyle) of what life in Austin is going to be like once we move--the hanging out with our friends part. It was great. And the brownies were delicious.
Um, I cut my hair. Unfortunately, I don't have a picture to share w/ you...Let's just say that it's a mom-do. I need a mini-van now (Noooooo!!!!!). Seriously, it's okay, but my pony-tail is retardedly short, so I'm already willing it to grow back. The grass is always greener.
Oh, this is huge: Bee taught Owen how to wave bye-bye! It's very Pavlov's dog. He scrunches up his hand (facing himself) when we say bye-bye and wave at him. (He just did his bye bye to a toy that says bye bye when it turns off--how cute!) Add this to FAN and we're well on our way! Oh, I don't think I blogged about that--Owen knows the word fan (as in ceiling fan). He can't say it (yet), but when we say "Owen, where's the fan?," he looks up at the ceiling and sometimes he even points. It's great!
Okay, I think that's it from Austin. After we had been there for a week, Kyle flew in. Yea Dada!!! Luke came with us and we drove to Meridian to see Nana! Since Franny is planning her move to Austin (yea!) it was time for Kyle to go back up some of his childhood things. We had a lot of work to do, but had such a fun time going through boxes and boxes and boxes and boxes (ad infinitum) of memorabilia, junk, and everything in between. While Kyle worked on that, Luke and I rearranged the furniture in just about every room. And I played the role of the "throw-that-away" drill Sargent. Tough love! Franny had a showing after we left and she said it went well. She's enjoying her "new house"...but she had better not get used to it!
Here is Kyle hanging out w/ Owen in his childhood backyard. Note the shirt--it was Kyle's. Very appropriate for our big boy. He was "little Kyle" to us all weekend--playing w/ Blue (Luke's dog), trying to get into every box we opened, eating Texas BBQ, staying up late!
Um, I cut my hair. Unfortunately, I don't have a picture to share w/ you...Let's just say that it's a mom-do. I need a mini-van now (Noooooo!!!!!). Seriously, it's okay, but my pony-tail is retardedly short, so I'm already willing it to grow back. The grass is always greener.
Oh, this is huge: Bee taught Owen how to wave bye-bye! It's very Pavlov's dog. He scrunches up his hand (facing himself) when we say bye-bye and wave at him. (He just did his bye bye to a toy that says bye bye when it turns off--how cute!) Add this to FAN and we're well on our way! Oh, I don't think I blogged about that--Owen knows the word fan (as in ceiling fan). He can't say it (yet), but when we say "Owen, where's the fan?," he looks up at the ceiling and sometimes he even points. It's great!
Okay, I think that's it from Austin. After we had been there for a week, Kyle flew in. Yea Dada!!! Luke came with us and we drove to Meridian to see Nana! Since Franny is planning her move to Austin (yea!) it was time for Kyle to go back up some of his childhood things. We had a lot of work to do, but had such a fun time going through boxes and boxes and boxes and boxes (ad infinitum) of memorabilia, junk, and everything in between. While Kyle worked on that, Luke and I rearranged the furniture in just about every room. And I played the role of the "throw-that-away" drill Sargent. Tough love! Franny had a showing after we left and she said it went well. She's enjoying her "new house"...but she had better not get used to it!
Here is Kyle hanging out w/ Owen in his childhood backyard. Note the shirt--it was Kyle's. Very appropriate for our big boy. He was "little Kyle" to us all weekend--playing w/ Blue (Luke's dog), trying to get into every box we opened, eating Texas BBQ, staying up late!
And here is Owen playing w/ our his very own "Uncle Fun"...I actually intended on posting a hilarious little video we have of Luke feeding Owen paper (yes, paper--which he loves) from one of the memorabilia boxes, but it is too big a file. You'd think it would be my brother (the one w/out a child) doing this isntead of Kyle's brother who is a parent, but no...
No comments:
Post a Comment