Monday, December 21, 2015

Pre-Christmas Festivities

If doing something two years in a row makes it a tradition then we have a favorite new Christmas tradition - Bethleham in Burnet. Just google it. It's awesome. It's also very popular and very crowded, so while it was totally worth it I don't have any pics of inside because after waiting an hour and 45 minutes in line we were in a bit of a Maggie-is-going-to-loose-it rush and wrangling four kids in that environment is already harry. (Four kids because our sweet little neighbor and first grade buddy Oliver - and his parents Clay & Stacy went with us). 

Left the dads in holding our place in line for a minute and saw some lights at the town hall.
Our campus of our church rented out an Alamo Drafthouse theater and we watched the Santa Clause. Talk about a throw-back. Plus, it gave me an excuse to get Kyle and I both tacky Chrsitmas sweaters, though if you ask me ours aren't tacky enough. Still on the hunt...
Maggie's Las Posadas performance at preschool. I'll be honest - this is our 7th year at WPDS and I'm a little over this program. There, I said it. But I love my girl and any chance to see her sing with hand motions is worth it.
Here she is with Ms. Melissa whom we love.
And more Christmas parties - the last (half) day of school for the big two was basically just parties. Was helping with R's so just got to pop in and say hi to Owen and the big kids.
We decorated cookies and did the traditional/altered Right/Left Night Before Christmas book exchange in Rebecca's class.
Apparently she's a little bit of the class clown...
Complete w/ a lesson in gift-receiving (just say thankyou even if you already have the book)!
Sweet friends
Poinsetta art
Oh Holy Night art
Snuggles with my girls while we watched Elf
The mess you can see in this photo does no justice to the mess that was actually there. The very annual Christmas sugar cookie baking day - I can't count how many times I had to sweep.
Bee does all the fun stuff. ;)
No surprise who was the messiest. But actually SO much neater than previous years - both her face/hands and also her workspace!
She also just ate a lot of sprinkles.
Rebecca made the fewest cookies but they were all masterpieces.
Hamming it up.
Marisela loves our kids so well - and knows them so well too. Check out her spot-on gifts for each of them. 
Maggie under her gignatic fleece minion blanket. She was literally so happy she laid on the concrete floor doing "snow angels" under it for several minutes.
Rebecca and her giant Art Jar.
Owen giving Sela an awkward hug after unwrapping his paper robot kit.
She's seriously the best. 

Alrighty folks - Christmas is in 4 days. Our card/letter is out. Gifts are wrapped. So maybe I can catch up on the blog some more??? We'll see.

No comments: