Seems like the last week of school or so my kids each come home w/ a giant paper bag full of school work, art work and other miscellaneous stuff from school. If I were a teacher I think I would find it cathartic to finally get all of that (precious) stuff out of my room. As a mom I find it somewhat overwhelming. I love cataloging memories (hens the blog) but I also love purging actual stuff. So...here is my attempt at both. Some of these things found a permanent home in a file box for each kiddo. Others will only live in blog-land. And obviously some of this is actual school work and some is random stuff they made/did around the house. Enjoy!
Not sure if this got posted before - Owen and his sweet 1st grade class.

He's more sentimental than I am and saved this sticker and had me write it what it was.
Rocker Owen self portrait.
My dog ate my homework.
A message to us...two sided.
Note to a friend.
Emotions.
A boy needs his calendar.
He died laughing when Katie showed up to my house and we were both (shocker) wearing chambray/denim shirts. He ran off and made us this.
Thanks to the Foshea kids the Netflix version of Inspector Gadget is a regular in our house.
O & R wanted to make a book together - they had a story all worked out. This is the cover - and its all that got done - because they discovered what a slow process waiting for paint to dry actually is. Maybe they'll finish in another medium.
A folder from school - I love the sticker montages.
Owen was sooooo excited to bring home his history notebook, and when he did I could see why. It's such a fun sample of what his first grade year looked like. It's filled with pictures he drew to represent events in history they studied along with his description. Priceless.
I think this got featured in a post back in the fall (TX Mammal Day) - he was a porcupine - but just in case.
On our ski trip we watched Dolphin Tale 2 (having never seen 1) so we watched the first when at some point when we got home. We had to pause it and he was extremely concerned I wouldn't remember where we had left off (top drawing). Then they finished it with Marisela the next night when Kyle and I were out and as you can see by the note he left me - he did not know what the point was. Unfortunatley, neither did I. (Like mother, like son.)
A thank you note for a sweet gift all the first graders received - he really does wear it every day.
For the beloved Mrs. Boyd's memory book.
One of my favorite first grade activities - Flat Stanley. His went to visit friends of ours in Marakesh, Morocco.
American Flat Stanley, Moroccan Flat Stanley
You'll see one of these for each of the kids - best I can remember they went to a library thing w/ Dahdo/Pam in Comfort and it had something to do w/ stuffed animal friends.

He drew flowers that looked almost exactly like the ones Kyle bought me.
His art portfolio from school.
A study in shade and tint.
A very realistic creepy little bug.
The sketch and the final product - an Owl & Two Babies.
Another owl project - sketched then created using tiny pieces of tissue paper.
The kids discovered my label maker and each had a few requests - Owen's had to do w/ his map for their club "Guardians of the House" (which deserves its own post - perhaps I'll have Owen write it)...stay tuned.
Yay for 2014-2015 school and artwork!!! (done.)































No comments:
Post a Comment