Friday, September 5, 2014

Dove Hunting

Just about the time I got used to "deer season" and all that that entails for our family I am forced to start understanding "dove season" too. This is Kyle's first season in a long time and he has kicked it off with a bang. :) New shotgun, and two outings so far - one with Owen and one w/ both big kids.
Looks like really hard work.
Owen on bird retrieval duty. We need a dog. :)
Owen with Bailey and Blake hanging out when they got tired of chasing birds.
Kyle and Luke (Grandpa Robert was the camera-man).

The firs trip was Tuesday and yesterday Kyle was able to sneak in another - this time taking O & R.
It was fun to share the news about the trip when I picked Owen up from school - he was super excited that Rebecca was going to get to go with him. 
They got home late and were pretty much carried straight to bed. Rebecca woke up in the middle of the night (she's been doing that some recently) and crawled into our bed and when I was getting her settled under the covers she said "mom, it was so fun. we shot so many birds."
The best part about evenings like these is that the good times go both ways. Maggie and I stayed behind and had a really sweet evening - even though she is probably our loudest kiddo right now its so quiet when she's not competing for attention with the others. She got to take a long bubble bath and read sooooooo many books. And I let her eat cereal for dinner. Mom-of-the-year. :)

No comments: