It's been so long since I've posted anything, I bet most of you think I'm just sitting around eating bon bons and reveling in my YHL famousness. I hate to let you down, but that has not been the case. In all truth - January has been a beat-down. I can't believe February is already here because it doesn't feel like we did anything in January except get sick, get a little better, get sick again, be quarantined, take tamiflu, repeat, repeat, reapeat... I think the O & R had the flu first - they pretty much missed the first week back at preschool after the holidays. It's sort of a blur, but I think that's when Maggie had ear infection #1. Then we all seemed to recover a little bit...then the flu hit me. HARD. and Kyle. The kids were fine. Except Maggie's ear infection lingered. Anyways...the kids have been very patient with us and our house-boundness. The trampoline helped. And the grandparents were truly LIFESAVERS. I literally spent last Monday in bed from 10am til 6pm. Out like a light. I'm happy to report that I think we're all finally on the mend.
The first weekend we were quarantined Owen had the flu (but surprisingly felt fine - thanks to the shot I guess?) - so we were bored and since Rebecca loves Halloween and is constantly asking me when it'll be Halloween again - we went trick-or-treating. On a gloomy Saturday morning in January. We only stopped at people's houses we knew wouldn't care that we were technically sick...the grandparents!
Owen = Pirate * Rebecca = Princess * Maggie = Mariachi
First stop - Nana's
(Can you find the Mariachi?)

Second stop - Bee & JoJo's
Last stop = Dahdo & Pam's
(By this point we had discarded most of our costume accessories.)
Did I mention this was the weekend Kyle was away at his "Meat Retreat"? (Pictures on that to come.) So, the boredom continued that night and we went on a scavenger hunt drive throughout central Austin - yelling "Shazam!" (why? no reason) anytime we saw anything on our randomly made up list - Christmas lights (still lots - don't they know it's time to take them down?), a yellow car, a digger, a bus, a train, a blue truck, a crane, and I think there were a few more. Clearly, cabin fever had set in and I was going to go crazy if we stayed at home any more.
My dad told me (base on trick-or-treating and the scavenger hunt) that I was a great mom. Um, I hated to tell him that those 2 little events barely touched the hours and hours and hours of TV (and the two fast food meals - I didn't even tell him that part) that also made up our weekend. Reality.
Alright - here's to being thankful we're mostly healthy now. And thankful that our illnesses have been of the totally temporary and get-over-able type. And here's to February!





No comments:
Post a Comment