This post is loooooooong overdue. Honestly, I sort of thought I already did it, but I'm wrapping things up for the year so I can have the blog printed into the book to join the others, and there it was in a list.
In an effort to streamline all of the stuff that comes into the house, I have been trying to scan or photo a lot of the kids' artwork so that we can keep the super special pieces and *trash* the rest (please don't tell the kids).
Maggie's art is usually what's left around her mouth after she eats crayons...so other than pictures of her, we're not saving any of it yet.
Rebecca's art is just starting to really evolve. We're still heavily into a sticker phase and I'm sorry to say most of those pieces don't live beyond a week. But here are a few of her newest abstract pieces.
Rebecca's other favorite thing is to have other people (me) draw her pictures for her to color - basically custom coloring pages on demand. Meet Mermaid.
Owen has had a little more practice. Some of these are from Ms. Joyce's class last year (2011-2012 school year).
This is one of my favorites - it's actually really big. It's a map - one of the first he did where he explained what everything (islands, water, mountains, towns) was.
Every finger got 1 color - the goal was to keep the colors separate.
This is a self portrait (face and then foot below) made in October of 2011, so last fall...
And these are more recent - this one (not a self-portrait) was a crazy man from a couple of months ago. Yes - that's a pe...
From this fall - he drew Kyle (hair denial)
From this summer - in his wanting to be a doctor phase.
And this is the most recent - he drew it and his teacher Ms. Laurie wrote out his description: Hair = spaghetti, nose = green bell pepper, eyes = meatballs, mouth = banana, head = blueberry, body = sandwich, belly button = black bean, legs = butter, feet = diamond back rattle snakes. I think its pretty cool to see how their perceptions (and ability to represent them) of reality evolves. Growing up is so cool!
It's been a few months, but there was a phase when every quiet time every day involved Owen practicing his snake drawings. We basically have an entire binder dedicated to them.
He surprised me with this peacock one day last fall - I think its pretty spectacular.
Now, the vast majority of his drawings are reminders for us to do something or instructions on how to do something. Sometimes he'll ask Kyle or I to write out exactly what he says for each picture.
How to build a couch fort (left to right)
Another view
Another view
A note he handed me that means: Do not talk on your phone.
Duly noted kiddo!
I don't remember what this one was - some sort of map or directions or something.
Instructions on how to build "the Gup". Our execution was less impressive.
Left to right instructions on how to build "the Gup" (submarine type thing) from a box. Cut, paint, viola!
His bulletin from Fanny's church in early December. He entertained himself by drawing little creatures. I should know what they are, but I have forgotten.
It really is fun to see what these kiddos come up with. To another year of artsy farts. :)
(Yea! That finishes my backlog and now I can print my blog book!)

























No comments:
Post a Comment