Friday, May 18, 2012

Eleven+ Months Old

I literally can't believe this little girl is almost a year old. I know I shouldn't take any of the baby things for granted, but I'm really looking forward to the next year as her little personality starts to really come out more and more.

She's starting to make a lot more noises - seems like she's babbling bababa (often with her little wave!) and mamama and tssssssssss and dadadada all the time these days. Her little voice is just precious. Ohhhhhh and to hear her belly laugh when someone (usually Owen) gets her going! Pure joy.
 And she wants to crawl soooooo badly! She lunges over her feet to get things she wants but then that little hiney drops and she's on her tummy and she DOES NOT like it so she rolls over. She can actually get around pretty well considering she really just scoots and rolls. I'm having to really force myself to not always plop her down on the ground with a bunch of toys - but put them out of her reach so she'll move for them. And both grandmas are doing their version of crawling bootcamp with her...I think everyone is anxious to see her really start moving. On the other hand, I think it has probably been a blessing that she's been content to stay mostly in one place for so long...has probably made our first year with three kiddos a lot easier!
Oh, spaghetti. Can you see it on the wall? And plastered to her hair?

Food is fun!
Yea for food!
And yea for pool time!
Whoops! Somebody help me! (Don't worry - I put down the camera and helped her.)
Laughing at brother and his crazy water gun while chewing on a rocket.
Seriously, can't believe she's almost one. Where has the year gone???

*PS - today was a blog catch up day - see several other new posts below. Enjoy.

No comments: