Saturday, February 25, 2012

Springtime? Yes, Please.

Is spring really here? Is wintertime over? Can we go swimming yet? Are you (or your kids) as anxious for springtime as we are? (My only reservation is I know summer HEAT follows spring...)

We're ready to stop being sick and get outside and have some fun! - says Maggie (doing her breathing treatment)
 Valentine's Day snuck up on us (It's mid February already?!) But thankfully Melissa and I had an unusual amount of foresight last summer when we made these crayon's (for Owen and Bailey's 4th birthday party) - and we made enough for the kids to take to their preschool classes as Valentine's. Who does that?
 Thanks to Bee and Nana our Valentine's Day was filled with treats - and we finished the evening with heart-shaped ravioli and little heart brownies.
 But back to springtime. Seriously - we've had some beautiful days recently. So, of course we've been frequenting our favorite little park as much as possible. 
Maggie swinging for the first (?) time. Stiff as a board - but loving it.
 Rebecca loved pushing her. And Maggie loved it too.
 Weeeeeeeeeee!!!
 What could be better than swinging while playing peekaboo? Nothing!
 And a little (almost) naked baby play time in the backyard. (Have I mentioned how great it is that she is sitting up now? She's so much happier and more easily entertained.)
 Her two favorite accessories - her bib and her tongue. Rock it, girl!
 Before we can go outside to play...we have to put some clothes on. Come on Rebecca - we have to get dressed now. (What you're looking at is her preferred wardrobe - undies, and an assortment of play jewelry. She likes to put several necklaces around her head like a true Austin hipster.)
 Now that we're dressed, we can swing!
 If you have flowers in your yard - watch out - Rebecca WILL pick them. All of them. For you mommy!
 And like all good 2.5 year olds - if you have a sandbox - even if its only filled with rainwater and dirt - she will play in it.
 Who needs a playhouse when you can climb a real house?
 Owen likes spring but I don't think he'll be satisfied until we 1) go camping (next weekend!), and 2) can go swimming...
 Playing a little catch.
 Doing a little work.
 Remember our handprint Christmas tree? I realized I neglected to take it down with the rest of our Christmas stuff and it was still hanging in the playroom. Decided it needed a springtime replacement. So we made this cherry blossom tree with fingerprints. Isn't it fun and springy?
 I'm no artist but I had a lot of fun painting the tree. So free form. So unplanned. So not me! Plus there's something really fun about painting on a giant canvas. Makes me feel way more artistic than I am. And the kids enjoyed doing the fingerprint buds/leaves. Owen did the pink (because there were more of them - but he made sure to tell me several times that pink is NOT his favorite color), Rebecca did the yellow and Maggie's big toe did the green. Teamwork at its best.
Happy springtime to you!

No comments: