Let me start out by saying that without our local grandparents (Bee & Jojo, Dahdo & Pam, Nana) I literally do not know how we would make it through a week. Seriously. Maaaaaaajor dependence issues here. Sometimes I start conversations by saying "can you do me a little favor?" even when I don't need a favor because I'm just so use to asking - its sort of like my hello.
Since we rely SO much on these wonderful folks, it is actually really nice to be able to "give back" a little when we can. You know - can you help me move X, or would you lend me the grandkids for the evening so I can show them off to X, or can I borrow X, or would you do X on my computer...that sort of thing. It makes me feel like less of a pitiful need-to-shower-oh-no-what's-for-dinner weakling when I (or Kyle) gets to pitch in to make one of their lives a little better...since it's truly the least we can do.
And every once in a while I get a voice mail like this:
Alison - this is CRITICAL. I must have a picture of myself on a snowmobile. By tonight.
I do not know (and I dare not ask) the series of events that preceded the request. I simply oblige.
Here is the product of my mad photoshop skills.

And here is the corresponding poem Bee wrote for the event - to live (without her permission) eternally on the internet. Happy sledding, Bee! ~Your loving daughter.
BORIS THE SINGING MULE*
There is a mule who likes to sing, his given name is Boris.
At Christmas time, he bellows out, the mule tide in a chorus.
He sings of holidays gone by and sparkling Christmas jewels.
Proclaiming "Eat your veggies, red and green! Share peace of earth with mules!"
He thinks of friends and shares his gifts, with others not so able:
The cows, the chickens, pigs and goats that end up on your table.
At PETA, we love little girls and sometimes little boys,
But Reindeer, they can fly all night and bring us Christmas toys!
They dash, they prance, they snort, and jingle bringing Santa to our Roofs.
But even with their magic, Santa’s Reindeers still need hoofs!
Next time you think of Donner and his goofy cousin Blitzen,
Don’t let it be cuz you are hungry and the dinner you are fixen!
So please remember for Boris’ sake, no Reindeers in your stew.
For as you know at Christmas time, Reindeers are people too!
(*A_ _ replaced to accommodate the G-rated nature of this blog.)
No comments:
Post a Comment