We always say that one of the (many) things we're thankful for related to living in the same city as most of our family is that we don't have to travel for the holidays anymore. And on top of that - we usually get to celebrate the holidays several times! This year we had two wonderful turkey dinners...
Do you believe me when I say it's hard to wrangle three, no, six kiddos and help Franny (even just a little) prepare the spread, and take pictures? That's why there aren't many photos from this year. But here are a few...
Nana on the front porch w/ our three. Hey - they're not all smiling, but they're all looking in the general direction of the camera and I say that's a win!
Crazy pre-game Aggies. (The faces weren't so happy come 11:30 pm. Major bummer.)
The Muke (Mel+Luke) Mezger three - have you all met BABY BLAIR yet? (Or, Baby Bear as Rebecca calls her.)
(What was left of) Luke's incredible deep-fried turkey. Um, yum!
Some sweet sibling moments.
Tisses for Ahnie.
And a sneak peak of the Thanksgiving highlight...
Owen on his BIG BOY BIKE!
This big boy bike was Owen's (belated) birthday present. We got it on Wednesday and he rode it (with training wheels) but since he has already gotten the hang of balancing (thanks to the glider bike from last year and a little friendly competition with Bailey - who has a very similar bike and is riding hers without training wheels)...the training wheels came off!
So much fun! The "I can do it!" face.
Vroom vroom. Even making turns.
While Kyle did a little work on the glider bike (to make it Rebecca's size - pictures to come) - Bee and I tried to keep Owen goin'. (It's much harder than it looks in heels/boots!)
Kisses for Bee - the 2nd Thanksgiving meal was excellent. Worlds best potatoes and rolls.
Special thanks to Bee and Nana for allowing me to totally bail on really helping with either meal this year - although I will say the Costco pumpkin pies I brought were delish. Life won't always be this crazy and someday (next year?!) I'll actually want to spend a day shopping and a day cooking all for a one hour (or less) meal, right? Yes, I will. :)






No comments:
Post a Comment