Saturday, October 16, 2010

Owen Turned Three!

We had a great little birthday party for Owen at one of our favorite Austin parks last Friday (on his actual birthday - the 8th). Pizza, cupcakes, a pinata, a playground with lots of dirt/rocks to play in and all our family and friends. I think we all had a great time - I know Owen did!
 The five oldest kids, Owen (from school), our Owen, Emmy, Ben and Bailey - made up a little game where they ran around and then dove into the gravel over and over again. There was a goal, we're just not sure what it was. But how fun to actually see them play together!
 The grandparents on my side: Pam, Bee, Jo Jo and Dahdo.
 Parents-to-be Tobin & Ryan: just taking in all the kid-chaos!
Mel & Katie: Serious Mom-Talk
 Uncle Luke wrangling Bailey & Blake
4/5 Pony Tails (my running group): Michelle, Amber, me, Jessica (with baby Beckett)
 Caz & Jess with Beck: what a cute family!
 Uncle Alex - so professional he's not any fun anymore (can't you tell?) - with Dahdo & Rebecca
 The kids waiting patiently for the candles to be lit...every kiddo gets a candle to blow out, but the birthday boy got three.
 The girls are SO ready.
 Owen informed us before the party that he didn't want anyone saying "yea" to him when they said "happy birthday" (?). He also told Kyle that he didn't want any singing, but I didn't know that when I started the song...luckily there wasn't a protest.
 Yum!
 Emmy was the only kiddo who wore her super-hero cape (party favor). I can always count on this girl to dress up!
 Nathan with his train conductor hat - he rocked it.
 Pinata time was an adventure. The kids actually did great waiting in line and taking turns.
 Emmy definitely had the strongest hit with the most accuracy - softball contender? Very impressive.
 Bailey
 Owen from school
 Ben from down the street
 Nathan
 Even Rebecca with Bee's help
 Birthday boy again
 Boone wanted his turn too!
 Jo Jo and Rebecca watching the action.
 Alex making his "picture face"
 Kyle and Owen finally did the pinata in with a few decisive blows. Teamwork!
 They actually just filled a couple of big bags full of all the candy and each took a piece. I was amazed at how little candy-craze there actually was. Maybe thanks to the cupcakes in their bellies.
 Rebecca, Bee, Owen, Jo Jo
 Owen opening presents. Real cowboy boots!
 Yes, that's a toy abacus.
 Bee with her telescope for ages 8 and up.
 Bee and Rebecca watching a balloon go bye-bye.
 Whew, but there were plenty more balloons. All is right with the world.
 The cupcakes. Only a kid would willfully eat that fondant stuff. Sugar!!!
 I tried on Owen's astronaut helmet, but it was actually Emmy who wore it all night.
 Nana with Gen 1.

All in all I think it was another successful birthday party. My favorite part was actually just that Owen totally knew what was going on and was actually anticipating the party and seeing all his friends and eating cake, etc. It was really fun to see how excited he was! If he grows up to love birthdays half as much as I do I'll be happy! :)

No comments: