So, I have every intention of putting together my own little blog-worthy tutorial complete with pictures...but that's about me and this is time sensitive...What's more important is that people join in and help Haitian orphans so here's the deal...
If you have even the tiniest most meek sewing skills (como yo) then you too can turn extra/mismatched/goodwill pillow cases into sweet (and practical!) little dresses for Haitian orphan girls!!! Take my word--this is super easy! In just a few hours (while Owen naps) + $15 for bias tape, elastic and 10 (yes, ten!) pillow cases from goodwill (all in good shape) I will have made 10 dresses and you just can't beat that!
Like most good ideas, this one wasn't mine. I found it on Noel Piper's blog and she links to another blog as well. I'll put a few links below because you might find the pictures/tutorial wording more or less helpful on a given site.
Noel Piper's blog
Her inspiration
Another tutorial
You can send the dresses to the following person/address which will ensure that they make it to the Real Hope for Haiti Rescue Center. (Per Mrs. Piper's blog--I just can't call someone I respect that much and have never met by her first name!--there is a container being shipped to Haiti this week so the need is urgent, but if you can't get around to it until a little later, I'm sure the need will continue...but you might want to check their website for details.)
Debbie Woodward
1500 Jackson St. NE
Minneapolis, MN 55413
Confession: I spent almost all of last Saturday making pillow covers for our couch. They turned out pretty cute...but this is a WAY more soul-satisfying way to use my meager sewing skills...
Questions: Will you join me? Will you teach someone how to sew using this project? Will you search out other organizations that support orphans that might benefit from this simple craft???
I'm excited, can you tell? :)
1 comment:
Ali,
I'm so proud of you and your sewing eagerness. Way to go!
love ya!
hugs to Owen and Becca
Post a Comment