17 lbs 14 oz (75th-90th %tile)
26 in (75th %tile)
She has gotten really really good at rolling over and sitting up (although we still put the boppy or a pillow behind her). And we're trying to be consistent about giving her baby cereal. We started Owen on solids so much earlier, but its just been hard to incorporate that (messy) step into our already chaotic dinner routine!
Everywhere we take her people tell us what a happy/content baby she is, and it's true! She does great being dropped off with the other kiddos at church, and she has even let me go into stores and try on clothes while she sits happily on the dressing room floor playing with her little "crinkle princess" and staring in the mirror!
(Bad picture of our sweet girl.)
- He likes to repeat things I'm telling him (to do or not do) to Rebecca. The other day he said to me "Momma, I'm telling her you're making dinner so play with some trains so she learn to talk" (I had just told him he needed to go play with his trains, while I made dinner, which he then instructed Rebecca to do as well).
- Owen almost always addresses Rebecca in a very high-pitched falsetto accompanied with lots of squeals and putting his palms on her cheeks.
- He loves to describe things as fun and funny.
- The other day he was burying himself under pillows and he said something about a cave, so I told him he was a bear. He very matter-of-factly said "No momma, I not a bear. It's just me, I'm Owen". Well, okay then!
- We've had a couple of occasions recently where I've wanted to bake something and Owen has been quite the little helper. He's finally at the age where he can really "help". He counts scoops for me and we talk about all the ingredients and watch the consistency of batter/dough change in the mixer. It's so much fun to have him help and learn about kitchen stuff. Although I'm afraid he's starting to expect "tate" (cake--remember, c's are t's) more often than he should! Yesterday he was sitting on the counter looking down into the stand mixer and he told me it was the "the best I've ever seen". :)
- Umizoomi...(if you don't know it, you're missing out)
No comments:
Post a Comment