He'll probably hate us for this one some day. It's his "kissy face" and well, what can we say...
Here is our little MAN! He looks soooo grown up to us here! Wow...the time really has flown by!
This smile just makes my heart melt.
Okay, so here is the rambling update of all that he is doing/saying these days...it's why you're here, I know. :) Most of these things are probably not really amazing, but they are either funny or memorable or something to us.-"I need tape" or "I need batteries" when something is broken. The first time he said this we were totally in shock.
-"I see no ______". I especially like "I see no Mopac train" (when we're on the highway and the train isn't running.)
-In response to Pam greeting him in the morning and saying she was ready for some coffee: "I'm ready for juice."
-"Oh Brother!"
-"Listen Momma! I hear something!" (He likes to precede lots of statements with "Listen ____". now)
-"I do by myself"...about everything.
-"I hear music!!!!!" (listening to Grandpa Stan's ipod through the ear-buds which was a new treat and I think thoroughly surprised him--hey, there's music in these little things!) Now almost every time he sees my phone he says he wants to hear music. That or he wants to draw lady-bugs (the Doodle-Budy app that Kyle and I both have--awesome for toddlers in a pinch)!
-When he saw me with unruly, curly, bed-hair before I straighted it one morning: "Wha happen Momma hair? Fix it Momma! Fix it!"
-He is good at giving us directions (or repeating directions we've at some point given him). After a bath yesterday: "Floor all wet. Slippery--be careful!" After seeing a spider with Dadda: "Momma, no eat spiders."
-In response to the question "how old are you?" Owen usually answer "1, 2, 3!" because he likes to count to three.
-Since his birthday he has requested we sing "Happy Birthday" at bedtime a few times. I think it's because he's figured out that that song is almost always followed by cake. Smart boy!
-I let him sit in the driver's seat of our car the other day while I was loading some stuff up (don't worry, it was off and I had the keys). Ever since then he tells me it's "my turn to drive" and gets upset when I tell him that in fact, no, it's momma or dadda's turn to drive. Speaking of driving...we were loading everybody in the car out in the rain after eating dinner out the other night and Kyle put Owen in his seat but got distracted and didn't buckle him in. About 2 minutes after hitting the road, we hear Owen talking but seemingly from further away... "I in backseat now! I in backseat now!" We looked back and there he was--in the 3rd row of the van, happy as a clam, trying to buckle the big boy seat belt.
-Songs/Poems: He is becoming quite the literary/musical enthusiast thanks to Pam. She has him finishing the lines to 15+ songs and poems. Everything from "Twinkle Twinkle" and "You are my Sunshine" to "The Fog" by Carl Sandburg and "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening" by Robert Frost. It's hysterical to listen to. My dad keeps promising he'll get it on video for me since its usually when they're babysitting and I'm not there. So, feel free to send him hatemail until he gets me a video that I can post...
All in all, two is so much fun--we love our little guy and can't wait to see how he grows over the next year!
FYI: There are 3 other new posts below this one all from today. It's a blogfest.
1 comment:
Oh, this is so sweet.
Thanks so much for posting.
love ya!
Post a Comment