She had her 1 month check up on the 17th and had the following stats: 21 3/8 in "tall" (50th%), 9 lb 14oz (50-75%). This isn't a bad thing, but there's really not that much to say about her right now. She's just growing and getting more and more alert and awake for longer periods of time. And of course we think she's getting prettier and prettier too! One unique thing about her is that we think she is the squeakiest baby we have ever been around. It takes a lot to get her to cry, but she is constantly squeaking and making sweet little grunting noises (awake and sleep).
Here are the first few (and only) pictures I have taken of her with Owen. When he acknowledges her, he is really sweet to her. He likes to give her kisses, but mostly does it when I ask him if he wants to. He also likes her to join in on his bedtime routine, especially for the prayer, which is really sweet, and is something he decided on his own.
In Owen news, here is a little list I made the other night of stuff he's up to (again, mostly so I have a record of it)...
-He likes to have a towel wrapped around his waste (depending on the length of the towel, this often means his chest) after his bath--he calls it his belt--and he likes to run around the house in it until it falls off, making sure everyone sees him in it (and out of it).
-He likes to lie on his stomach on the floor (preferably w/ Dada) to read books at night night. This is superior to sitting in a chair.
-He likes to put birdseed (with Bee) in the birdfeeder that Bee gave him. The birds, squirrels and other creatures the feeder attracts are great entertainment.
-He's doing lots of "pretend play"--like the other day he put a blanket on his head and told me it was a raincoat. I don't think he's ever even seen (or heard us talk about) a raincoat. And he's always pretending to eat things, like he'll bring me the pepper shaker and pretend to take a drink and say, "umm, good pepper," and then insist that you eat some too.
-He repeats everything we say. EVERYTHING. When we sing him songs before he goes to bed, he repeats the last words of song lines even if he doesn't know the song. And he corrects us when we say things wrong. For instance, if I ask him to bring me his bag, he'll say, "no, a backpack". You get the idea. Oh, back to songs. He definitely has his favorite songs out of our (limited) bedtime repetoire, and one of them is a song we affectionately call "the Bottom Song" becuase I made it up one afternoon when he was very upset because of diaper rash and he wanted me to sing to him so I rambled a bunch of stuff about a booboo on his bottom and medicine to make it all better, all to a non-disctipt toon I made up on the spot. It's pretty horrible as far as songs go, and now he requests it almost daily.
I think that's about it for now...
1 comment:
Rebecca looks so sweet in pink. Mary Grace was a squeaker, too.
Hoo law! What fun that "Own" is.
Owen is trying to tell you all that he really needs a Dr. Pepper! You know.... mmm good pepper.
Thanks for the update.
love ya!
Post a Comment