She bought him his first couple of trains (Thomas, Percy, etc.) with a little track that is a huge hit. He was already obsessed with them and loves playing with David's as well as watching train videos on the computer. (When he sees Kyle or I at the computer he comes in and says Choo Choo or Nay meaning he wants to watch a train or horse video.) Also, she took him to McDonald's for a soft-serve ice cream cone (his first), and no surprise this was a big hit too. Apparently there were quite a few spectators there...
His talking is coming so far and seemingly so fast. More and more animal noises and now he can say "more" (as well as sign-it, he does it together) and a very clear "bye bye" and "nigh night", "baow" (ball) , "doh" (dog) ,and moon, also he knows that Christal and Phil's baby is "Nay Nay" (Nathan). I ask him to try to say something and he totally does. Words/phrases like "breakfast" and "I love you" are hard, but he's getting the sounds right even if there are consonants missing, etc. It's so amazing to literally almost be able to see the wheels in his head turning as he figures this stuff out. It's evident his comprehension is ahead of his ability to actually speak what he knows (which must be frustrating!) but it's still amazing! Oh, and he knows the letter "O" and points to it in things.
Anyways, Kyle is back to working days this week so we should have a pretty regular one...
I almost forgot--this may be one of the funniest videos we have of Owen to-date. We discovered a new "game" w/ Owen and he was quite proud of himself (as you can see). Oh, the little "hop" at the end is Owen jumping--which is a new favorite activity. If he actually does get off the ground he usually lands on his rear, so it's usually just a forceful deep-knee bend. :)
Oh, and (praise the Lord!) we have had a good 4-day stretch of good naps! (We've been struggling for a while w/ the transition from 2 naps to 1 in the afternoon.) Some days he'd just take one in the morning (bad) and other days I'd try to keep him up until after lunch and he would almost be in hysterics. Anyways, w/ some advice from the Bible Study girls/moms and Bee there to help, I think (cross my fingers) that Owen has settled into a 1-nap routine. He's going down after lunch around 1 and sleeping from 1.5 to 2 hours which is totally acceptable. So, yea!
4 comments:
he is so cute ali!! :)
He is SO CUTE!!! Glad that you and Kyle got to have a little getaway!
Hi, I'm Chelsea, and I grew up in Meridian. Kyle and I are not the same age but our families were always close. I've been reading your blog for a while and Owen is just adorable. He looks so grown up in the last post---I love the climbing game with all the applause. Too cute!
Bailey loves watching the video and telling Owen yeah and clapping her hands with him! It's really cute.
Post a Comment