Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Fun things

  • Owen is fascinated w/ Kyle. He gets so distracted by him anytime he's in the room that he quits whatever he's doing whether its eating, playing, whatever. And he'll get in just about any position he can to keep his eyes on him--he cranes his neck back over the boppy when he's eating in order to look at Kyle if he hears him talk--its about the only time we see is little neck from under his huge cheeks!
  • I am hesitant to give this report because I don't want to "jinx" it, but Owen has been a SUPER napper this week! Something about hitting 6 months old? He has gone from 3-4 mini (25 min) naps a day to 2 SOLID naps (1.5-2 hours) with much more predictability. It's amazing!!! Boy, I hope this continues!
  • Owen ate sweet potatoes yesterday for the first time and LOVED them. I know this because he ate an entire jar AND he moves his entire upper body towards the spoon I'm holding, mouth agape. (He's also tried peas and pears, but didn't care for either one yet.)
  • Owen is getting more and more able to self-entertain. His "new thing" is to sit (boppy behind him just in case) with his basket of toys dumped on its side in front of him. He can sort of lean in and dig through it and pull out toys (shake them for about 5 seconds and then throw them somewhere) and go back in for another. After a while I just shove everything back in and he starts all over again! Today, we put a blanket on the grass in the back with his basket and he played, allowing me to do some yardwork. So fun!
  • Owen's voice is getting used in two new ways: 1) he does a grunt/squawk (kind of sounds like someone clearing their throat w/ their mouth open--very loudly) in order to get my attention. For some reason he tends to do this a lot when he's playing in his exersaucer. 2) He has taken to waking up at 3am to "sing" (coo, squeal, grunt, etc.) for a few minutes before going back to sleep. I have no idea why he's doing this--payment for the naps? :)

2 comments:

Franny said...

Sounds like Owen is doing great. I'm glad he's taking 2 long naps and letting you get yard work done. So much fun this time of year.
Nana

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Vinho, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://vinho-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.